close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GT "Inter-Personal" Brain Trust, I need you to make a call on this one...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Peace Warrior, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Okay, my Ma still has three sons in town. Of the three of us, we'll help her take care of her cats as far as buying supplies and or other sundry things such like.

My Ma noticed one of her cats, she has two right now, didn't eat last night, and then again today she tried to give the non-eating cat some treats it would typically ravish, but it was like, "Meh... big deal." <--- Ma's descriptive wording.---

Here's a little back ground, Ma refuses to be the "bad guy" when it comes to her cats. For example, if they need bathed, she gets one of her sons to bathe them. Or, if they have to go to the vet, she gets one of her sons to take them to the vet. When it comes to anything that the cats do not like, but that has to be done for their well being, she'll get one of us to do it.

As it happens, I'm "on call" today when she mentions one of her cats hasn't eaten for a day. No problem Ma, I'll get it to t he vet for ya. (Me and my brothers know the drill as she is NOT gonna be the "bad guy.")

Here is where I need a call from the GT brain trust as far as the "vet tech" that assisted the vet today.

The vet tech, a seemingly regular guy, say 5' 9" or 10", older, maybe mid 30's, comes in and starts "fawning" over the cat. He goes so far as to begin kissing my Ma's cat, ON THE LIPS, and hasn't inquired once to me as to why I brought the cat in. I'm make myself start thinking that the original desk clerk girl and this guy had to have already spoken about her's and my conversation that occurred when I first arrived and filled out the paper work for the visit. I file it as, okay, he is just "weird for cats" kind of thing. Little did I know what would happen during the visit.

He then goes into a, not exaggerating here, a roughly 5 minute, yes a full five minute (e.g., 300 second) spiel about the two cats that he has at home. Two nanoseconds before I'm gonna tell him to get me another vet tech, he begins ask me questions about the cat's condition and symptoms. Except for his repeated kissing of my Ma's cat, yes, still on the lips, throughout the process of the exam, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan, he seems to act like any of the other dozens of vet techs (male or female), which I have dealt with before (e.g., I used to help raise bull dogs for sale.) during my 4 plus decades on this earth as a pet owner.

I got a real weird vibe from this vet tech. I do NOT want to have this vet tech again.

Okay GT, the foregoing is without embellishment and delineated as it occurred. So, is it me, or was the vet tech a tad weird today?

Lemmeknow thx. :wavey:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

He's trying to demonstrate how he would love you tenderly if you would only ask him to dinner.

3. Peace Warrior

Yeah, I thought that might be it, and went there mentally, "not that there is anything wrong with that," but he had a wedding ring.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  4. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

He's a vet. They love animals. Maybe him more than others. Sounds to me like your mother is the weird one.

What's your question again?

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Methinks while you are gone, the cat is getting an "exam" with his probe. Lol

6. Peace Warrior

He's not a vet, he is a vet tech.

My question is: Should a vet tech kiss a patient on the lips during treatment?

7. Peace Warrior

It wasn't my animal, but I did wonder about what was going on when the cat was taken in the back of the office.

8. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

ehhh, i walked a GSD today that ate it's own poop. I'm not a good one to ask about kissing animals on the lips today.

9. Peace Warrior

PRECISELY! And this cat went into the vet to follow up on a diagnosis for an infection.

10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Seems to me like you should pay, join, or get out the way. :rofl: (Sorry. :supergrin:)

Yah, that would have weirded me out. Does he know your mother?

11. Red Stick

Red Stick

Freak. Seriously though that's not very professional.

12. NMG26

NMG26

We have a vet every couple of miles here. try another.

13. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Ask for a different tech next time.

We've had cats for years and while I've seen some very affectionate vet techs (towards the cats that is) none of them have ever exhibited this kind of behavior.

Very unprofessional and possibly unsanitary. If he's kissing your cat who know what other animals he might have done the same with?

14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Start looking for a matching replacement cat, just in case.:whistling:

Seriously, a cat chooses not to eat for a day or two and you rush it to a vet?
    Maybe it's some kinda cat Ramadan/Rosh Hoshana fasting holiday.

Or maybe he's got a new family on the side.

Or half of a dead groundhog ripening under the porch.

I haven't owned cats in years, but when they chose not to eat, I just disposed of the food to annoy the ants. They never got too skinny.

I certainly wouldn't take him in for a make-out session with some pervert in a white lab coat, he might get cooties.

15. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Our Vet tech has let our dog lick the dickens out of her face while telling us how much she loves dogs.

I told her that we love our dog very much and we don't let him do that to us.

People sure are "different".

A Neighbor once commented that he doesn't like his dog licking him, after all he has licked "himself".

I said "You are married, right?"

People sure are "different".

16. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

It's all part of a conspiracy.

The cat met the tech on the grassy knoll and passed him the blueprints outlining exactly where to place the demolition charges in 7 WTC.

17. Peace Warrior

Not at all. I asked him how long he had worked there. No chance.

18. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

PW, I would call the Vet who actually owns the joint and talk to him about it. I think he needs to know if one of his employees is giving clients reason to think they might want to go to a different establishment because of the V.T.'s very weird behavior.

19. FPS

FPS

Clear case of Cat Scratch Fever..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJux_7W2i8&feature=related"]Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever ('78) - YouTube[/ame]

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Just say, "Please don't do that. We raise them for the meat."