Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GT Firefox Question.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Wulfenite, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

Pretty Fly for a White Guy
    Recently when posting on GT with Firefox the browser has been pausing on that after posting screen that says something to the effect of "click here if your browser does not automatically forward you" Sometimes it just clicks through that screen in a couple seconds, sometimes it hangs there for a while.

What is going on when that happens and why does it change from day to day.
  2. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

Las Cruces, N.M.
    It will depend on how many people are on GT at the time, and how many are posting at the same time you are. A computer is fast and Eric has some good servers, but they still can only do so much at once.

Also, recently there have been some problems with comcast and if you have comcast, it can take a little longer to find GT each time you try to do something here.

3. lomfs24

Couple things I have noticed with FF.

1) If I go to GT and log in and then check my email. When I click on a link in the email it will take me to that thread in the same window but will log me out. I have to log in again if I want to be taken to the last read post or if I want to post.

2) I don't think it is a FF problem but if I take a long time writing a post(more than a few minutes) it will log me out before I have finished. That is a pain when I have made a really long reply, one that might be made in the RI forum.

3) If I click on a link anywhere, not just Glock Talk, that takes me to a pdf file it will open in the same window but will hang when I exit. And it will hang for a long time, several minutes. I have learned to check links before I click them and if they are a pdf I will do a right mouse click and save to my desktop and open Adobe from there. That way FF is not calling it and it won't hang FF. Not a real problem but kind of a pain.