Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO what's your specialty cookin:headscratch: Spaghetti and cornbread are mine:eat:

·
Banned
13,711 Posts
Mine-

- Chicken Cordon Blue with rice and salad
- Baked BBQ chicken (different, but simple)
- Massive Meat Spegetti with saugage and hamburger
- Sausage/chicken in a pot with peppers, mushrooms and other veggies with a little white wine to steam.

Oh yeah- And grilled Salmon marinated in a lemon/garlic sauce with lots of pepper and basil seasoning. The GT Riders have seen pictures here. :supergrin:

Okie- How does that sound my friend?

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Baked steak, mashed potatoes, buttermilk cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, pinto beans, omelettes, baked cheesecake, brownies, flourless chocolate cake, baked bean casserole.

·
Deus Diligo USA
3,204 Posts
Fried Chicken
Pork Chops
Pork Spare Ribs
Scalloped Potatoes
Green Beans w/garlic & bacon

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I buy plain cubed steak, brown it on both sides then braise it in beef broth at 300 for about an hour and it comes out tender and delicous.:eat:

·
Banned
1,650 Posts
My girlfriend likes my fried chicken, so I guess that.

Some other recipes I like to make, that are pretty simple:

"Chicken Stuff"

1 lb boneless chicken breast
1 can cream of celery soup (or any cream of ____ that you prefer)
1 pack of Stove Top Stuffing

Boil the chicken in water for 10 min, until almost done
Drain and chop into bite-size pieces
Rinse chicken and place in baking dish
Stir in cream of celery soup and mix well.
Add salt/pepper to taste/preference.
Prepare stuffing according to package.
Spoon stuffing on top of chicken/soup mix.
Cook in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned.

Most of the time I like to add a can of peas or corn to that as well.

And then a sort of dip, but I treat it like a meal:

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 lb browned hamburger
1 jar salsa - thick/chunky
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Line bottom of 8 inch baking dish with cream cheese
Spread cooked and browned hamburger on top of cream cheese
Spread salsa on top of hamburger
Sprinkle cheese on top of salsa

Bake at 350 until the cheeses are melted. Serve warm over/with tortilla chips.

And hey, beans & weenies is always good. :supergrin:

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,540 Posts
Frozen pizza with extra stuff,Jack's or tony's

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,557 Posts
Salmon steaks on the grill.
Aluminum foil, EVOO, salt, pepper, lemon slices, "Old Bay" seasoning.
Grill - HOT.
Make a 'pan' with the foil.
Pour olive oil onto aluminum foil.
Salmon, skin side down, drizzle olive oil on flesh. Sprinkle salt, pepper and "Old Bay" onto salmon.
Place thick lemon slices on the flesh, then squeeze the remaining lemon over the steaks.
Place on grill. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, or until you can lift the salmon from the aluminum foil without tearing the steak.
Flip once. (Tip - use another piece of aluminum foil that you've drizzled olive oil onto!) Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on the flesh side.

Chili. Cooked slow, in the crock pot.
Ground beef, venison, top round (cubed), tomatoes, tomato paste, lots of onions, green peppers, kidney beans (optional!), jalapeno slices, salt/pepper/spices.
Brown the meat, toss into the crock pot. Add everything else. Let it cook for 6 to 8 hours.
We like it so hot, the fire department is on stand-by.
(Be careful what you eat today, for it may burn your arse, tomorrow!):steamed:

Calvados Pheasant. (Recipe is on my other computer. Sorry. My wife has said that I can go pheasant hunting ANYTIME I want, after preparing this!)
Pheasant (2), lots of apples (6), Applejack Brandy, onions.
Wild rice on the side and some BIG biscuits.

Roast on the grill.
5 - 7 lb roast.
In a bag, mix salt, pepper, dry mustard.
Put the roast into the bag and shake vigorously, coating the roast with the mixture.
Grill on MEDIUM heat.
Place roast on grill and watch the timer.
Turn the roast every 7 minutes, 90 degrees.
When you've turned the roast 360 degrees, stand on one end for 7 minutes, then the opposite end for 7 minutes.
IF you like the roast 'more done', cut roast in half and place the 'new ends' on the grill for 5 minutes, tops.
Remove the roast(s) from the grill and let stand (rest) for 10 minutes.
Serve with corn-on-the-cob, cole slaw, baked beans, tomato slices, cucumber slices (or even basil salad), rolls and lots of iced tea!
(Or let it cool completely and make some fantastic roast beef sandwiches, on a Kaiser Roll and some spicy mustard!!!)

·
Rip Lips
7,118 Posts
Anything smoked, everyone in my family is a chef, either professionally or home chef, we are foodies til the end. Heck we went camping at a buddy's property Saturday night and just our appetizers consisted of basil and proscuitto wrapped prawns with a pesto and alfredo dipping sauce, stuffed morel mushrooms, bacon wrapped scallops and a bunch more top shelf appetizers you only find in restaurants. When it comes to cooking, it's always the best part of our night.

·
Banned
13,711 Posts
Details?...sounds great!:wavey:

Hi there, thanks for asking. Its very easy to make. I brown sausage and chunks of chicken in separate pans. While I am doing that, I chop up some vegetables like- mushrooms, bell peppers (different colors for presentation), zucchini and what maybe onions.

Then put all of the vegs in a big cast iron pot with some white wine on the bottom to steam and soften the vegs. I will add in a bunch of seasoning and the meat cooked prior goes on top toward the end. Lastly, mix it all up.

Its pretty easy, tasty and filling. I hope I described it well enough for you. Please PM me if you need more details. The spicy Italian sausage is the ticket.

·
Banned
13,711 Posts
Salmon steaks on the grill.
Aluminum foil, EVOO, salt, pepper, lemon slices, "Old Bay" seasoning.
Grill - HOT.
Make a 'pan' with the foil.
Pour olive oil onto aluminum foil.
I started grilling the salmon filet straight on the grill with Pam non stick. Just curious if you've tried this?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine-

- Chicken Cordon Blue with rice and salad
- Baked BBQ chicken (different, but simple)
- Massive Meat Spegetti with saugage and hamburger
- Sausage/chicken in a pot with peppers, mushrooms and other veggies with a little white wine to steam.

Oh yeah- And grilled Salmon marinated in a lemon/garlic sauce with lots of pepper and basil seasoning. The GT Riders have seen pictures here. :supergrin:

Okie- How does that sound my friend?
Yum-O my friend:eat::faint:

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts
I guess most requested qualifies as a speciality so for me that would be pulled pork NC style

Smoked Butts

I also make pretty decent:

chili
cassoulet
curry
prime rib
steak
grilled chicken
quiche
assorted breads and cakes

Give me a good recipe and I'll try most things that don't get too involved.

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts