close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GT Book Club?

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Egyas, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

Ok, I had a wild idea today about a "GT Book Club" and was wondering if anyone would be interested. Forgive me if this has been posted before.

Basically, I hate to spend $20 on a new book if I don;t think I'll read it more than once. I tend to re-read my books once every few years or so. After my last move (I finally bought a house, yes! :)), I don;t have that many good books left.

Here's what I was thinking.
    1) Anyone interested in joining posts a list of the books they own, that they wouldn't mind sharing. Yes, sharing. A standard book (even a hardcover one) can be shipped priority mail for about $5 in the US.
    2) You contact a person on the list, and express interest in borrowing "Book XYZ".
    3) That person mails it to you at their expense. The hope is, they will be borrowing from others as well, and "sharing the cost" that way.
    4) You read the book and return it in good order, and in a timely fashion." If you destroy that book (you dog eats it, etc), you replace it for the person you borrowed it from.
    5) Yes, it's all on the "honor System.

So, am I cracked or what? ^7 Anyone this it'll fly, and is anyone interested?you borrowed it from. Yes, it's all on the "honor System.

2. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

I'm in if we can get it off the ground and tweak a few of the rules. :)

3. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

The "rules" I posted were but a rough draft. Any suggestions?