close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gssf ?

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by MarkTX, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MarkTX

MarkTX

I notice most GSSF matches are scheduled as 2 day weekend events. Does that mean each shooter must attend both days to complete a match ?

I joined GSSF a few months back, but can only get off on Sunday of the upcoming Dallas match -so is it doable in one day ?

I've got a G17 that I'd love to take to one of these matches -its got the Glock 4.5lb connector (-) installed but I could switch it back for this match if necessary. I just need to do a match and get my feet wet to see how it goes. I mostly do IDPA, but have heard great things about GSSF...

2. Gryff

Gryff

No, you do not need to attend both days. You can attend in a single day, assuming that you are shooting no more than than a handful of guns, and that you get there earlier rather than later.

I shot two guns at the Yolo, California match. Arrived at 8:45am on Sunday, was done by 11am. It would have gone even faster if I had pre-registered for the match.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

The two days scheduled is simply to allow people the option as to which day to come.

At the Morganton event last week, my buddy and I got there early, was the first shooters up and we were DONE by 10:15. And I shot two entries. Of course, we both had shot GSSF before (that was my 6th), so we knew what to expect. He needed to be somewhere else that afternoon, I definitely felt "rushed" and wouldn't do that again, but it does show it's doable.

Get there early, watch some of the courses-of-fire, and you'll be good to go. It's a blast, I'm doing SEVEN events just this year.

4. MarkTX

MarkTX

Wow, I wish I could do that many -but my job doesn't give me that much travel time and it will be a struggle to just make the matches more local to me this year (Dallas, San Antonio).

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

You have to work weekends or something? Bummer.

Furthest for me is the Anniston one, that's a 5 hour or so drive one way.
    There are two in Atlanta which is 4 hours one-way, one in Knoxville that's the same...
    and 3 of them are within a 1.5 hour drive one way, those are the "easy" ones.

For the ones 4 hours or more one-way, I head out of town Friday after work and get a hotel that night, get up and shoot the next morning and home the next afternoon.

Charlotte, NC is nicely located, in that I have these 7 to attend with (in my opinion) not that much driving. Morganton (which just happened) was only 45 minutes away, if that.

6. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

FYI this is okay. This is the rig I shoot.

7. MarkTX

MarkTX

Are you saying its okay to leave the lighter connector installed ? It is a Glock factory part but didn't come on this G17. For some reason I thought that was not legal -guess I better go re-read the rules :faint:

8. Jon_R

Jon_R

The pistol just needs to be 100% glock parts. Exceptions being related to the grip and the sights. You can use grip tape or sleeve and such that are not Glock. The Glock connector is ok but the LW or Rocket Connector is not.

9. Ranger54

Ranger54

Mark,

Where in TX are you? I am in Austin, will be doing Dallas, ride up Friday, shoot Saturday, hit the Ft Worth Gun Show on Sunday.

I shoot 3 classes and have finished in 2 hours by preregistering and signing up for stages.

Drop me an IM if you want more details.