Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is joining the GSSF a good idea? I don't think I will ever shoot in matches. Is the GSSF discount honored at all dealers?

·
20,441 Posts
GSSF members:

1. may shoot in any GSSF match

2. may purchase 1 pistol per year at LE prices at designated LE dealers

3. may enroll in the 1-day Glock Armorer's Class at the present cost of $150.00

I've been a member since 1997 or 1998. Closest match to me is 175 miles from home, but I travel up to 450 miles from home for the opportunity to compete, see friends, possibly win a pistol, cash or merchandise prize.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I originally joined just for the discount but I can't wait until there is a match close to me. Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to come and shoot. Maybe she can win a gun of her own.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I originally joined just for the discount but I can't wait until there is a match close to me. Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to come and shoot. Maybe she can win a gun of her own.

There is one in Orlando in February...I am going to try to make it myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just signed up. Sooner or later I hope to compete and go to the Amorer's Class that alone is worth the $35- $25 a year. Then throw in the LE Discount of $100 - $160 off retail (in this area) that right there will pay for your membership, in 3 years will cover a lifetime membership. It looks to me a win, win no matter what.

·
Registered
10,103 Posts
you missed Knoxville but Lexington is in Oct.

Marietta, Ohio in Aug.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Restless, I think it is very much worth it. Just the every year discount on one pistol makes it worthwhile. We all have a crushed GSSF cap, not sure why they flatten them like that but go with it. Really, you should go shoot a GSSF match. Very low pressure event, range officers who help and coach. I think I enjoy them more than IDPA matches due to lower time commitment and more instructional/oriented to newer shooters.

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
Is the GSSF discount honored at all dealers?
No one answered this question for you (well, Danny did in a kind of offhand way). No, not ALL dealers will honor the GSSF discount. As Danny said, it has to be an LE distributor. GSSF has a list on their web site, there's a listing (or two) for each state. If you don't have a dealer within a certain distance of your home (150 miles?), you can use your discount online, and just have to pay the FFL transfer fee ($25-$35 or so). That's still a HUGE savings over paying what the going rates are these days.

Even if you did it just for the discount, it's worth it, but if you can find a way to make a match, do it. I shot my first one in April, and I plan on shooting 4 more this year. 2 are within a few hours drive, the other 2 are in Atlanta which is about a 4 hour drive (I'll spend the night then get up and shoot).

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
Just remember that in order for her to shoot the GSSF match, she must also join GSSF first...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Just remember that in order for her to shoot the GSSF match, she must also join GSSF first...
As of right now, she needs a lot of practice before she'll be shooting competition. She never shot a gun before I bought mine and she's slightly afraid of them when they're loaded. We're working on it though. I just got an Advantage Arms kit in so she'll be practicing a lot more now that the recoil doesn't scare her. I doubt she'll want to compete by February but we'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts