close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Web Site

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, May 16, 2006.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

2. JVMHGF

JVMHGF NRA Life Member

What is "Glock Professional" that they are part of now?

3. Don At PC

I am guessing that GSSF is now under the "Training Division". If you log on to www.gssfonline.com and when the page comes up you click on the link to "Training" across the top of the page. When the training page comes up it is referred to as "Glock Professional" and if you look at the bottom right side of the page you will also find a "Hot Link" to GSSF.

I am very curious to see what other changes are coming. I hope they are good. The price drop announced is the only other change I saw so far. Until I see otherwise I can only think possitive.

4. Dingus

Dingus

Please delete this response.

5. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

It still seems to be the same old hard to navigate, not very up-to-date web site it always was. Still has those annoying tiny scroll boxes. Why would I want to hit the link to go to the Training Sight just so I can hit the GSSF link on that page to take me back?? I was excited to see the original post, but rather dissapointed. My expectations fizzled fast...

6. cmzneb

cmzneb

Can anybody provide some insight as to what is really going on with GSSF????????????

Was there a huge budget cut?
    Staff too busy with other assignments?
    Glock Inc, just doesn't care about it any longer?

I am really disappointed with GSSF. Especially after being exposed to USPSA. I wish GSSF was as organzied, because the Glock matches really are a good time.

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

CMZNEB,

If I may, I'll offer a comparison to show that, "USPSA is not the same as GSSF":

USPSA
    1. Is an association that is managed by directors with representation from most areas of the country. All rules and equipment is governed by the board.
    2. Clubs can become affiliated with USPSA and host matches, paying USPSA a fee for each member when approved qualifier matches are held.
    3. Club members donate their time to RO and run the matches.
    4. Prize tables at most big matches are provided by donations from manufacturers, dealers and fees from the match. The host club usually makes money from the event after they pay their expenses.

GSSF
    1. Is a segment of Glock's training and marketing department to promote the use of Glock handguns in competition. All rules of GSSF are governed by Glock management who work in the GSSF division.
    2. Clubs can hold GSSF events and shoot the same course of fire but the matches are not sanctioned by Glock. Glock does offer an Indoor program but it is not the same as the GSSF course of fire.
    3. Whenever a club or organization hosts a GSSF event, Glock sends their staff to take care of the entry and administration. RO's that volunteer to work the match are provided a fee to compensate for a portion of their time. This compensation comes from Glock. Glock provides the targets and in some cases haul their steel racks to be used by the club. Glock pays the club with certificates to provide compensation to the club. The certificates can be sold or distributed by choice of the club.
    4. All prizes are given by Glock without any support from other sources.

There are other differences but I feel that these are probably the most significant. USPSA and GSSF are different organizations but the one thing that they have in common is, "they provide its members an opportunity to have fun and to use their handguns for competition"

Best regards,
    Bobby Carver

8. BCarver

CMZNEB,

If I may, I'll offer a comparison to show that, "USPSA is not the same as GSSF":

USPSA
    1. Is an association that is managed by directors with representation from most areas of the country. All rules and equipment is governed by the board.
    2. Clubs can become affiliated with USPSA and host matches, paying USPSA a fee for each member when approved qualifier matches are held.
    3. Club members donate their time to RO and run the matches.
    4. Prize tables at most big matches are provided by donations from manufacturers, dealers and fees from the match. The host club usually makes money from the event after they pay their expenses.

GSSF
    1. Is a segment of Glock's training and marketing department to promote the use of Glock handguns in competition. All rules of GSSF are governed by Glock management who work in the GSSF division.
    2. Clubs can hold GSSF events and shoot the same course of fire but the matches are not sanctioned by Glock. Glock does offer an Indoor program but it is not the same as the GSSF course of fire.
    3. Whenever a club or organization hosts a GSSF event, Glock sends their staff to take care of the entry and administration. RO's that volunteer to work the match are provided a fee to compensate for a portion of their time. This compensation comes from Glock. Glock provides the targets and in some cases haul their steel racks to be used by the club. Glock pays the club with certificates to provide compensation to the club. The certificates can be sold or distributed by choice of the club.
    4. All prizes are given by Glock without any support from other sources.

There are other differences but I feel that these are probably the most significant. USPSA and GSSF are different organizations but the one thing that they have in common is, "they provide its members an opportunity to have fun and to use their handguns for competition"

Best regards,
    Bobby Carver

9. DKnight

DKnight Stock 17

Bobby, good comparison on the differences! I enjoy shooting USPSA but I really enjoy shooting GSSF!! The big pro about GSSF is Glock is the only company/shooting competition giving away pistols and money for prizes. Later.

10. cmzneb

cmzneb

Mr. Carver-

Thank you for the comparisons, you are absolutely right on with them.

I understand that GSSF and USPSA are different, I had just simply stated I wish GSSF was a little more organized. Heck a simple newsletter or magazine every now and then would be nice. Maybe something new on the website other than "we're working on something for a few months"

11. Dingus

Dingus

GSSF has been a bit disappointing over the last two years. Whatever happened to three Glock Reports per year? Whatever happened to match results appearing in the Glock Reports? Whatever happened to the free copy of the Glock Annual? Whatever happened to the 1st edition of the Glock Report arriving before April 1? Where is this years Glock Report, it's already May 19th? Whatever happened to final results being posted 7 days after the preliminaries? I think Glock is losing interest in the GSSF Program. Still, I'll be at Topton again this year for the match, perhaps my last match.

12. BCarver

CMXNEB,

I agree with you, Glock's performance and the GSSF program has been disappointing lately. I, too, am wondering what has happened to the Glock Reports, Glock Annuals and other benefits of the program. Having had experience with working with companies that operate from "everchanging" budgets, it's my hopes that these wrinkles will be ironed soon. Let's all hope so because I know that the 250+ competitors, on average, that shoot at GSSF events over the country appear to enjoy them and would be disappointed if Glock should decide to pull the plug. Let's all hope they don't and that they work through the "tall grass" soon.

Disappointed, too,
    Bobby

13. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I'd be happy with a refund on my Life Membership since they breeched the contract by failing to deliver all the above items.

GSSF is going down the tubes. It will not be the GSSF of past in a couple of years if at all even there.

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

TJ,

We saw your episode on Psychic Mysteries last Sunday. You looked good, little brother.

15. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Actually filmed 2 years ago, they've been repeating it recently.

Wish I would have been able to drop a few lbs before the filming. Oh well, the job got done.

16. Don At PC

Darn, you mean I missed it again. I have not seen it yet and I have wanted to see our little "Teddy Bear" on the big screen.:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :zipmouth:

Sorry Tom; the devil made me say it. ;)