close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Wannabe needs some advice

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Stealther, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Stealther

Stealther

Greetings all, I have been interested in doing some competitive shooting for a while now but am finally moving to an area that has some GSSF matches.

I have a G30 that I just bought and am looking at using it to compete in the amateur class. Once my Wilson gets back from having some trigger work done, I will send the G30 to Bar-Sto for a fitted barrel (legal in amateur class, right?)

I have read a lot about aftermarket sights (Heinie, Bomar, Meprolights, 24/7 AO) but am not sure what would be best for me. My G30 is my secondary CCW, so I do want to have night sights. The problem is, I am right handed and left-eye-dominant. Which sight is best suited for GSSF competition as well as defense work within 25 yards?

Also, whats your favorite hearing protection? Currently I use some -31db plugs and a -21db standard muff. Problem is I cant communicate with anyone while wearing all that. Best electronic muff at a reasonable cost?

Thanks for any insight you can offer, I'll try not to write a novel next time :)

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The Barsto is not legal for stock, only Unlimited Master.

The best GSSF and Defensive sights would be our race cut Heinie Tritium.

I prefer Proears for comfort and function

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The 24/7 AO's are also only legal in Unlimited. You can find all the rules at www.gssfonline.com but stock means stock in GSSF. You may use any Glock factory parts on your G30, and any similar sights of notch and post design, but no fiber optics, express sights or ghost rings. You may use G21 magazines, but not aftermarket magazine sleeves. You may use grip sleeves or grip tape. In GSSF it's either stock or Unlimited.

Your G30 is accurate enough to win any GSSF match. GSSF is a test of shooter skill. Matt's race cut heinies are your best bet. Send him your slide and let him do the installation.

4. Stealther

Stealther

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be sending my slide to Matt once my Wilson gets back for those Race Cut Straight eights.

Are there any good +0 round extensions for G30/G21 magazines that I can use? I mainly see extensions for the 9mm 40s&w.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I think the Pearce model is the only one allowed in GSSF.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep; as per the rules on www.gssfonline.com only Pearce are legal.
    Also the sleeves are NOT legal that cover the mag body when you use a longer mag (G23 mag in a G27).