close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Stupid tax

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TOULME, Aug 19, 2006.

1. TOULME

TOULME

This is a heads up for all the people like myself who do not look at there score card until they leave the stage area. I did not look at my score card at the Shelton, WA match until I got home that day. That is a big mistake. I went with the RO and checked out my hits on the targets and agreed with him as he said how the hits scored. He forgot to put one (1) hit on my score card,showed 5 hits instead of 6 on target 4 in the GLOCK'M. I did not catch this error and signed off. That oversite cost me 10 sec's as GSSF had to score it as a MISS..That diffefence in scoring took me from 8th to 15th in AM CIV. I am not mad at anyone but myself. SO PLEASE every one learn from my mistake and do as they say....check your card ,very close, before you leave the stage and sign off....
    It was still my best score ever but I still kick myself in the backside....
    Ron the looker, is going to be my new handle,HA,HA

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yeah i had a RO ( about 14 yo boy) at oakdale cost me 1st place in comp. i shot comp and unlimited together and on the 5TG he scored my UL gun as comp and my comp gun as UL. I wouldn't really of known except the dot was hitting low and my team mate watched me shoot. the differance was 6.29 seconds and it would of put me in 1st by .2. not mad at anyone and it's always been something i never had to worry about or think about but i'll always make sure they know what i'm shooting. i always stack my score sheets the way i shoot but for some reason most ROs will shuffle them around.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I hear ya Ed; seen that happen. I always make a point when putting the stickers on to hand them and say, "This is the order I want to shoot them." Some RO's may want to confirm again at the line, but I will tell them again anyway. I've paid a couple of 'stupid' taxes myself.

I almost paid one at Oakdale like TOULME, but Cindy chased me down (headed for the parking lot) because of the same thing - a hit missing. (Reshoot offered & accepted.) Can happen when you have an RO you march along with to review & concur on scoring, and a 'scribe' coming along behind as the hits are called out to record them. Sometimes what the scorer calls out doesn't make its way onto the sheet by the young scribe following. Tough in the angst of the moment for the shooter to 'supervise' two people. (Happy Butch? Angst isn't French...) :clown:

:patriot:

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It can happen to the best of shooters, and did at Waldorf, MD in 2000 or 2001. The RO got GSSF Master Tom Costanza's scoresheets reversed, costing him a pistol.

5. outsider0506

outsider0506

I just checked my score in Am Civ and the RO marked an extra shot on one of my targets. I would have known if I had taken an extra shot, and the RO calling out the score would likely have said something to me if I actually taken an extra shot. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until now. I sent a message to GSSF, but I doubt they'll do anything for me.

On the up side, I'm no where near #1 in Am Civ, so it won't cost me a pistol or anything, but there's nothing like setting the record straight...

6. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

On one occassion they Accidently put my score on the web with 10 seconds extra on it, They corrected it. But if I had not kept my sheets and rececked the results both then and latter I would of been spanked by 10 seconds.
    Thanks to FireGlock's words of wisdom to start keeping better records of all my shooting.

My 2 cents worth

See Ya in Ga
    Mike:banana: :wavey:

7. outsider0506

outsider0506

Update on my extra shot issue... I got a message back from GSSF and they said that in the case of an extra shot being recorded, they give the benefit of the doubt to the competitor. So they corrected the score! :thumbsup: