close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bofe954, Mar 24, 2003.

1. bofe954

bofe954

What sights are legal for use in GSSF, what kinds are recommended?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ghost ring sights are not allowed in stock categories.
    Fiber optic's are not allowed in stock categories.
    Express sights are not allowed in stock categories.
    Lasers are not allowed in stock categories.

You are allowed to use any traditional "Notch and Post" design sights, including Trijicons, Meprolights, Novaks, Bo-Mars, Heinie's, etc.

The Master shooters in Stockmeister seem to prefer Bo-Mars, but I have been happy with my Heinie sights.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

From the Glock Report:

You may use aftermarket sights that offer a "Patridge" (that is, square/rectangular front post and square/rectangular rear sight notch) sight picture similar to the sight picture characteristic of sights offered by GLOCK, Inc. that do not (in the sole opinion of GSSF) provide a significant competitive advantage advantage and provided further, that their installation does not require milling or other dimensional changes to the slide (no “buried Bo-Mars” or similar installations).

The two most popular sights are the "slip-in" Bomars and Henies. I personally like the Bomars with a thinned front blade.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

A little more info from the Glock Report:

The luminous nature of fiber optic sights constitute an unfair competitive advantage and may only be used if the light-gathering feature is removed or defeated. You may therefore use “light gathering” fiber optic types of sights ONLY IF the optical fibers are removed or are taped or painted over with removable (suggested; water based “Tempera” type black) paint or another covering that defeats the light-gathering nature of the sight, so that the actual sight picture from the shooter’s perspective is that of a standard, non-luminous, “Patridge”-type sight picture.

You may also use other brands of Tritium-activated night sights similar to the Trijicon and Meprolight night sights offered by GLOCK, Inc that offer a Patridge- type sight picture.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I installed a set of Custom Glock Racing Bomars on my G17 recently. And they are impressive to say the least! I have put 400 rounds down range since installing them and I am very happy with my improved groups with the Bomars vs. Glock factory sights. However the corners of my sights were not cut as is described on their website. But I dont really think that will make much difference in my shooting.

I'm thinking about putting a set of Heinies on a Glock 21. That is if I am able to win a new Glock 21 at Anderson! ;f :cool:

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Dale,

Glad to hear the sights are working for you. We changed our spec on the bomars to a squared targety blade but have not had a chance to update the pictures yet.

8. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

I like the Heinie's and sight black.;f

9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

And NO jerk behind the trigger........Right!!!!;Q
    Dan:cool:

10. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

Has anyone ever tried a Tasco Optima 2000 on their glock? I think it's a pretty nice Holo type sight. I also have a Carver mount and Leupold Gilmore red dot for the gun (G34) Which one would you guys use? Thanks in advance.
    O-R-H

11. DannyR

First of all, use of optics, including the Tasco Optima, requires you to shoot in Unlimited/Masters Category. Many of us have tried and sold our Optima scopes. I suggest you use the Gilmore on your Carver mount, as it is a very reliable piece of equipment.

12. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I had an Optima 2000 and used it ONE match. After the dot going out several times, dot dimming so that you could not pick it out and a double dot on 2 occassions during that one match I sent it back and requested a Tasco PDP5CMP and have never looked back since. Some have had good luck with them but they would be the last on my list, based on my personal experience.

13. One Ragged Hole

One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

Danny & Don, Thanks for the reply's. I thought that I liked the Carver Gilmore setup better anyway. I had planned on using my G34 for unlimited, and my G20C (comp) and G32 (stock) for the other classes. My G34 also has a Fire Dragon EKF 17L ported barrel (any input?) and a Tungsten guide rod for some extra front weight. I love the way it shoots, almost one ragged hole. I look forward to meeting some of you at GSSF matches near me in '03.
    O-R-H

14. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

O-R-H; I have no experience with the brand of barrel you have in your G34 or shooting a ported 9mm. I have tried my G34 with the stock G17L barrel and also liked the ballance. I also recomend the Tungston Guide Rod to give a little extra weight up front. I also have the brass magwell on my 17L for balance. Currently I am shooting a G17L in the U/L and a stock G17 for Stockmeister and AmCiv. I like this combo because I reload one load for all 3 categories that I shoot and using the 17L/17 combo I have the same feel as far as grip, the 17L of course is a little heavier. I also don't have to worry about mixing up the mags and loading the wrong ammo in the wrong gun. If you are into reloading you have more options as far as loads tailored to your personnel use.

I plan on being at the Richmond and Dallas Matches and then probably wont make any more until the Aug/Sept time frame. Hope to see you there. Oh, by the way, I also use the Carver Mount. I feel it is the best on the market and know you will be happy with it. It is quickly becoming the mount of choice for GSSF U/L guns.

15. Glockshot

Glockshot

The way to go is as above, and you don't need beer cans on your gun ( only kidding to guess who:) )

16. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

I put the CGR Bomars on my G22 and have been pleased with them. The edges are sharp though and I had to file them down to take the edge off.

17. bofe954

bofe954

One more sight question- I picked up a new rear sight, it is an adjustable with two dots, no illumination. It is going to sit much farther back on the pistol than the stock site, will the 1/2 inch (or so) extra sight radius be a "significant advantage" over stock sites?

18. DannyR

No, you are OK as long as you did not have to modify the slide.