close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by myglockisa23, Nov 25, 2002.

1. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I just packaged my slide from my G17 to send to Matt @ Custom Glock Racing for some Bo-mar's. Since I don't carry it, the sight hanging over won't bother me...hopefully the increase in sight radius will help! I'm curious has anyone made this same switch and seen a big improvement in there scores?

I also have a G26 that is my carry gun that I also shoot in GSSF Subcompact class. I was considering the Heines with the tritium night sights. I see that these are sold in two versions, SlantPro and Race Cut. I want the night sights. They look almost identical except the race cut version is $34.00 more.. Any opinions on either of these?????

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I use Bo-mars on my GSSF AmCiv gun but I installed them myself, took maybe 10 minutes. I feel that my scores have definately improved with them but regardless of the sites you use, Nothing takes the place of practice, practice and more practice.

The Bo-mars are legal in GSSF Amciv so long as they fit in the dovetail where the original rear site was installed.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

There have been other changes but the Bomars made a significant improvement in my shooting. I thinned my front blade and find that helps as well. It seems to me to be much easier to get back on target with the thin front. Now if someone can tell me where to get a pair of eyes like a I had in my 30s I'd be all set. :) I know get over it and practice more. I think you'll be very happy with the Bomars. :)

4. Zippo Joe

Zippo Joe

I bought a set of Race Cut Heinie's from Custom Glock Racing with the Tritium inserts and I am Very happy with them. The Race Cut Heinie's rear sight is actually widened thus allowing more light around the front sight. I'm sure Matt at CGR could give you more details if you emailed him. I was also very happy with the service from CGR.
    Recently, I was able to test out my new sights at the Lowlight/Nightfire class held at the Oregon Firearms Academy. I was very impressed by how easily I was able to reacquire the tritium front sight and realign it above the rear tritium sight (creating the straight 8). Several of the students and instructors commented that they wanted a set of "CGR Heinie's" after shooting my pistol and wanted to know where I got them from. I'll let you know if I have any problems with them.

-Zippo Joe :cool:

5. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

I just sent my G17 slide to Matt for a set Bomar's and will try the Heines on my G26....thanks