close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF sight questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Jeffro3006mag, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Jeffro3006mag

Jeffro3006mag

I was looking at shooting GSSF and IDPA this year and was curious about the sights. Ive been looking at Dawson Precision's adjustable sights. If I didnt go that route because Glock wants you to use the factory stuff..I was looking at the factory adjustable. Are the DP adjustables considered legal...and I was wondering about the front sight. I know IDPA is popular with fiber optics and Glock says you have to black them out...How do you black them out..or is there another alternative to the front sight deal. Im basically looking for a durable set-up to use in GSSF and IDPA matches...and carry would be nice. Any and all suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks-Jeff

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Dawson Precisions are allowed since they're a notch and post style sight, it's just the fiber optic insert that isn't kosher for GSSF. One of the fiber optic makers makes a clear insert specifically for GSSF, the company doesn't advertise it and it has to be requested, but it is available. Call Dawson and ask them about it or you could just use a Sharpie marker on the fiber optic insert.

3. mike from philly

mike from philly

The sharpie marker idea works real well and is Dawsons recommended work around. The marker comes off with Rubbing Alcohol very easily.

4. Jeffro3006mag

Jeffro3006mag

soooo.. When GLock refers to 'stock' they are referring to the notch and post design. Are there any other options one might take when looking for sights? I have heard nothing but good things from people in this area about dawson Precision adjustable sights......does anyone else use them? What are some other options?

Thanks- Jeff

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Heinie Slant Pro's, or the regular Heinies for Glocks (non-sloped rear) are very popular, available from lots of places. Several also use CGR's "race-cut" version of the same sight widening the rear notch. I've also found that the Aro-Tek plain target set (Lonewolf) is very nice, rear notch wide enough, no glare, stock height overall, easy install. Bo-Mar drop-ins are going to overhang the rear of the slide. Aro-Tek for me but Heinies "seem" to be the sight I've seen most often mentioned. :)