close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gssf Scoring

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by drumgodz, Jul 27, 2002.

1. drumgodz

drumgodz

I have never competed in a GSSF match, so my first time will be in August. I have read through the "stages to be fired" section of The Glock Report and there are two things that confuse me? First of all in the "Glock the Plates" stage: Each competitor is allowed 11 rounds per string with six (6) plates to knock down. Is the shooter penalized 10 seconds for each miss even if he/she knocks down all six (6) plates while using the alloted 11 rounds? Second question in the "Glock'M and Five to Glock" stages: Once again the competitor is allowed 11 rounds. If I shoot only 10 rounds to complete each of the stages, how does the timekeeper know when I am finished? After all, I still have one round in the chamber? Does the timekeeper assume that I am finished with that string of fire or??? Any help would be nice. Thank You.

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

On the plates, you're charged for misses when there are plates standing and you're out of ammo, not by how many shots, 10 seconds per plate! On the M and 5 to Glock the timer used also tracks how many shots. When you quit shooting the timer shows the time spent and the number of rounds. You only get 10 shots on the 5 to G, more and you get a 10 second procedural. On the M you can use all 11. On both the 5 and the M it's your time and penalties (you know, Cs, Ds, and misses). :) Hope this helps.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

To further define the "M" stage, you are allowed only two shots per cardboard target, and up to three shots if necessary for the steel popper. Most shooters only need 9 rounds per string on the "M."