close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF San Antonion (Dec 2012)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 77346, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 77346

I'm a new Glock owner and heard about GSSF thru the brouchure included in the box.

I am considering joining... the nearest event is in San Antonio next December. Any experiences there? What is the course of fire like?

Is it a good event? I live in the Houston area, so for me it's a 3+ hr drive.

Any events planned for Houston next year?

Thanks,

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Welcome to the GSSF Forum!

There are normally two matches (out of 43) in Texas--Carrollton in the Spring and San Antonio in December. Your will find the three stages of fire in "The Glock Report" at www.gssfonline.com

Bring 150 rounds per entry and a lightweight folding chair. And remember, all categories are for Stock Glock Pistols except Unlimited, where almost anything goes. Stock includes any parts made by Glock and most aftermarket sights.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Also two matches in LA. that wouldn't be too much of a drive. I've shot SA twice, 11 hour drive for me.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Because you drive so slooooooowwwwwwwwwwww:tongueout:

5. 77346

Thanks for the information... for me it's about 3 hrs to SA, 4 to DFW area and 5+ to Monroe and Tbdx.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I will see you there. I live in Panama City, Florida and its a 12 hour drive for me.

Don

7. SARDG

SARDG

I drove 1150 miles to SAT from the Tampa area. Not doing that again though.

8. Ranger54

Ranger54

I am in the Austin area, welcome and enjoy the match. All prior advice, +1.

9. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

I'll be there as well. Be my 5th or 6th year maybe. They pretty much use the same set-ups every year. They will have 3 Glock M and 3 5 to Glock, but usually only have 2 each running, and then two plate racks. The bays that are used are deep so they have the longer arrays setup with atleast one 5tG target at 25 yards and the back 2 GlockM targets at 15ish.

The Blackhawk range is multi-club facility so there is other shooting going on during the match. The two host clubs are located at opposite ends. This means that you have to huff it back and forth a bit if you don't like to shoot all your guns on one stage and then move to the next.

The ROs are really great and I think it's pretty much been the same guys every year I've been. Gotten to the point where they recognize my open gun and mess with me about how many rounds it will get through on a stage before jamming.

The main range has a office and shop and is used by the local LE academy or school. They sale some ammo and you can rent range time on one of the other areas if you like. I can't rememember, but I think they didn't take credit cards.

Pre-registeration is your friend so you don't have to hang out in the trailer or walk into the support beams on the porch like I seem to do every year. I will be shooting on both days.

malladus

10. 77346

malladus,

that some good info you posted... thanks for all the details!

11. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

No problem. Maybe we'll bump into you at the match.

malladus