close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Rules

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by kimberguy2004, Feb 12, 2007.

1. kimberguy2004

kimberguy2004

I was just reading through the PFD file on the rules. It seems to be very vague on class designation, calibers, power factor, etc..Am I correct in assuming that in a stock class, a person with a 9MM long slide would be on the same playing field as someone with say a G21?

If someone could point me to a current copy of all of the rules for the Glock matches, I'd really appreciate it..

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Go to www,gssfonline.com and open the Match Registration form. All the models that are legal in each class are listed.:thumbsup:

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The "long slide" Glock models(G17L, G34, G24 and G35) have the own class and it is Competition. They are NOT allowed in Am Civ class. The G21 is legal in "Armature Civilian" class and can be shot in the "Competition" class as well.

I hope this is less confusing!

Dan:cool:

4. kimberguy2004

kimberguy2004

So, amateur civ could shoot standard or compact in the same class regardless of caliber as long as the gun is stock? Seems like a guy with a 9MM would have an advantage over someone with a larger caliber with more recoil.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

That's correct, but the caliber does not make a big difference, it's the person pulling the trigger!;)

Dan:cool:

6. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

True. The "MatchMeister" firearm award is for the best single performance turned out in the Civilian, Guardian, Subcompact, Competition, and MasterStock divisions.

MasterStock is the only one of those divisions that is open to "Master" class shooters. The others are only open to "Amateurs".

So, the skill versus equipment contest for the "MatchMeister" award boils down to Amateurs who could use the "Longest-Slide" G-17L in "Competition" division (or the more recent G-34) against the Masters restricted to using G-17s in "MasterStock".

Despite the equipment disadvantage, about 19 times out of 20, a "Master" in "MasterStock" will win the "MatchMeister" award despite the equipment disadvantage.

As Dan said, skill counts for more than equipment.

:supergrin: