close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF rules

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by njl, Dec 13, 2004.

1. njl

njl

I was browsing around on gssfonline last night and decided to check out the "Generic Instructions" for all RSOs. There were a few things I found interesting and not in sync with the reality of GSSF matches I've been to.

1)
    Does your Glock count as "range equipment"? I was given a reshoot (by the Range Master) for a jam with factory ammo.

Also, there's factory ammo thats known to not get along with Glocks and always go bang the first time (Olympic). I certainly wouldn't shoot Olympic at a match, but what if someone did?

I didn't have to visit the armorers before my reshoot.

The last part of the above seems to assume that squibs only happen with reloads. What if you're shooting factory ammo and get a round with no powder? I've never seen one (and I have seen people have squibs with reloads), but I assume they happen occasionally.

Ok...it's been 2 years since my last match, so I could be remembering wrong, but I think this one gets violated all the time.

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I've never been made to visit the armorer after experiencing a malfunction, I never even knew that was a rule. I've also never had an RO let me lay the gun on a table. Every one of them I've had always told me to bag or holster the gun.

Out of all the GSSF rules the only rule I don't agree with is the rule banning fiber optic sights. Other than that I think GSSF has done a good job of making a set of clear rules that don't leave much to interpratation.