GSSF Rules

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by njl, Feb 12, 2015.

1. wlkjr

wlkjr

Other than the plate rack, the other two courses vary from range to range. There are different distances and configurations for the M and 5 courses. I don't think having a book will really help you, but I could be wrong. The GSSF website has some course information about the different stages. That might be helpful.
    http://www.gssfonline.com/courses.cfm

Jayman28 and SARDG like this.
  2. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/GSSF_Current_Rules.pdf

In the rules link there are the multiple "official stages". I'm not saying matches don't follow these designs, but no one is out there checking distances.

Before going into a match the only known is that the A/B zone is 8 inches and it will be between 5-25 yards.

Keep everything inside 8 inches at 25 yards and you'll do just fine.

3. Jayman28

Jayman28

The above statement is false.
    The stages are all checked by the GSSF staff prior to the beginning of the match.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    PM720 and wlkjr like this.
  4. 1cm

1cm

I have checked distances, when something looks different.

5. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

In the spirit of their nonchalant rule enforcement I’m going to presume the same applies to the stage set up.

All that matters is everyone shoots the exact same stage regardless of what it is.

6. Jayman28

Jayman28

Snoopy
    Have you done a match setup?
    Or just shoot em ?

7. PM720

PM720

I have helped setup Azusa & Littlefield several times each and a tape measure is always used to layout the various stages.

wlkjr and Jayman28 like this.
  8. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Same here, plus when there is a falling plate rack, they checked with a 9mm and a bigger gun (.357Sig IIRC ) to make sure the plate fell with a 9 and didn't shake down another plate with the bigger gun.

9. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi,
    Each match can change the distance and set ups to suit their range and bays -just keep them the same on each bay, that where some matches fail badly. One Glk 5-Glk will be even on the centers and another will be up and down like a drunk salior- that gets me fustraded. GSSF will use tape measures to get the distance and set up types in their info for the set ups to be standard

One problem comes up if you are short of help, the set up is long so the day goes very long and you have very tired RSO's. Why I set up a little shorter set ups -goes faser- from 75 feet to 50 feet on a 5 to Glk is 50 feet each walk or score( 500 entries on a 3 setup is 8,000 feet), just over 1.5 miles of extra walking walking.
    GSSF match Directors and match (or club) directors decide on this. Some times they change it up to change it up or try a diffrent set up to make it more interesting.

I have tried some different ideas over the years but fast and semi short gets the shooters through faster and happy RSO's too. 2 or more hours is a lot, this idea of "I am here all day so you can stay all day" is not helpful nor good customer service. I get shooters who are so happy that they got trough fast that 15- 20 ask to be RSO's to help--New BFF's
    Just saying

PM720 likes this.