GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
So after reading 170.150 Glock girls side match. Can SWMBO use a G17LC an shoot once with the score counting for the side match (after paying $) an the Amateur Civilian match?

It's clear as mud to me.

The rules do say Junior (<18) competitors may also use “C” and “longslide” models.

TY

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
303 - according to the rules a woman may use a long slide or c model Glock in the girls match. For the regular civilian category they would have to conform to standard rules for that match which is no long slides or c models. These matches are 2 separate entries and events.
Basically to clarify a bit more she could shoot the match in the girls category with the long slide or comp then shoot the am civ division with a different gun.

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
170.150 seems pretty clear in that any Glock other than the 36/42/43 can be used in the GGSM. Think of it as just another GSSF match division, where any Glock capable of taking 10-round mags is legal, and it's for women only.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I planning to shoot in my first GSSF indoor league with my Glock 19 Gen 5 soon. I have installed the Strike Industries Modular Blade Sights:

Do these sights meet the definition of "post and notch" (patridge) sights for the Stock class? Or maybe classified as fiber optic? If not, I need to change them out.

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I planning to shoot in my first GSSF indoor league with my Glock 19 Gen 5 soon. I have installed the Strike Industries Modular Blade Sights:

Do these sights meet the definition of "post and notch" (patridge) sights for the Stock class? Or maybe classified as fiber optic? If not, I need to change them out.

Thanks,

Mitch
They are fine.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I am planning on shooting my first GSSF. I want to use a G26 but I only have three mags for it. I know the minimum is four mags. I do have G17 mags laying around. So,my question is, is it legal to use G17 mags on the G26?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am planning on shooting my first GSSF. I want to use a G26 but I only have three mags for it. I know the minimum is four mags. I do have G17 mags laying around. So,my question is, is it legal to use G17 mags on the G26?
It’s legal to use the 17 magazine. You only need 4 magazines on one stage. The other two only have 3 strings of fire. Also, there is always someone willing to help you out. They could reload your first empty magazine while you are shooting your next string. It happens all the time.

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
There’s no rule that you have to have a certain number of mags, but you will complicate things or slow things down if you don’t have enough mags to shoot a stage without having to stop to load mags.

Longer mags are permitted.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm thinking of using my free pistol certificate to obtain a G19/5 MOS to augment my 17/3 and 19/4. Rule 170.125 for Competition division specifically mentions use of an MOS minus an optical sight is permitted. Fine.

However, rule 170.90 for Civilian, Guardian, and Master Stock makes no reference at all of an MOS version, thus raising doubt that a non-enhanced MOS is fine in Competition but verboten in Civilian (which doesn't seem to make sense).

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I'm thinking of using my free pistol certificate to obtain a G19/5 MOS to augment my 17/3 and 19/4. Rule 170.125 for Competition division specifically mentions use of an MOS minus an optical sight is permitted. Fine.

However, rule 170.90 for Civilian, Guardian, and Master Stock makes no reference at all of an MOS version, thus raising doubt that a non-enhanced MOS is fine in Competition but verboten in Civilian (which doesn't seem to make sense).
Without an optic, it’s “no different” from the non-MOS version.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Without an optic, it’s “no different” from the non-MOS version.
That's what I think. It's just that it seems strange that there's a specific rule for it in one spot rather than one generic rule for all appropriate divisions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I signed up for GSSF I received a packet of information. In that packet was a great book. The book had, it listed the course of fire for GSSF events. I can't find that book now.

Sorry I should have added… I have been participating in the indoor GSSF at my local range for several years.

I was curious how the scores varied by course of fire. I started to put the scores into a spread sheet. I look at the averages

for each of the events. I lost the book I mentioned and had no way to specify which course of fire went with the scores.

I did find the various cores of fire in the GSSF online web page. This will let me associate the scores and the course of fire.

I would still like to find that book I got in my initial membership package.

Thanks for your inputs.

I would really like to get another one. Anyone have one for sale or one they no longer need?

Thanks

Dennis

101 - 120 of 131 Posts