GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can't see them specifically allowing it just because a particular distributor or dealer is installing them...but I also don't see what competitive advantage any aftermarket magazine release provides in GSSF, so it seems to me, the sort of thing that would be "unofficially allowed".

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Yes, with the exception of unlimited class.

There are some trigger kits sold that are Glock OEM that have been polished and fitted that are GSSF legal that might improve your score a bit and post and notch sights of different styles are legal so someone may have aftermarket sights that are a little easier to see. I put aftermarket nightsights on my G26 because the OEM sights just didn't work for me.

That is about it, ability and practice will carry the day, if you are shooting anything but unlimited you need not worry about shooting against someone with a $10,000 race gun.

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
How about +2 Glock extensions on a G26 10 round mag? These are not Pearce. Can they be used in Am Civ?

·
20,381 Posts
Lipsey installed the part, not Glock. Aftermarket is aftermarket. If Lipsey offered the pistol with a Bar-Sto match barrel, do you think that would be considered stock? I think not.

Reactions: misunderestimated

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
I did see a person try to enter stock class with an extended chrome barrel I mentioned that was unlimited and they quickly replaced it with a stock one.

·
20,381 Posts
Yes, Glock makes and sells replacement springs: trigger springs, firing pin springs, firing pin safety springs, magazine springs that are stronger that Wolff +10%.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just to clarify, can shoot stock if I have XS Standard Dots?
Can I still shoot stock if my extended slide release is manufactured by Glock?
That's the only two mods I've done, well except for polishing trigger and smoothing out some spots on the frame.

·
Registered
877 Posts
smoothing out some spots on the frame.
Modified the frame = unlimited only.

But if it's not obvious, they wouldn't likely catch you. That's one thing I remember about my only outdoor event: nobody knows what class you're shooting when and nobody pays attention to your guns; small mods and internal mods won't be noticed unless somebody else asks GSSF armored to inspect your guns.

But I'm not a cheater, so it's your call.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just to clarify, can shoot stock if I have XS Standard Dots?
Can I still shoot stock if my extended slide release is manufactured by Glock?
That's the only two mods I've done, well except for polishing trigger and smoothing out some spots on the frame.
Since the slide release is manufactured by Glock, it's okay. (section 40.20 of the rules "
GLOCK FIREARMS ARE CONSIDERED TO
BE “STOCK” IF ALL FIREARM COMPONENTS
ARE OR EVER HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE
FROM GLOCK, INC. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE
SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED BELOW."

Regarding the sight, the same section states:
Post and notch sights (“patridge” sights)
excluding any sight requiring slide modifications.
Please note that fiber-optic and “express”
sights are approved

It would seem that the XS sights would qualify - but I'd wait just a bit for someone else to support (or negate) that. I believe there's another thread or two on the forum that discusses stock and mentions sights besides this one.

Reactions: Anomander

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Modified the frame = unlimited only.

But if it's not obvious, they wouldn't likely catch you. That's one thing I remember about my only outdoor event: nobody knows what class you're shooting when and nobody pays attention to your guns; small mods and internal mods won't be noticed unless somebody else asks GSSF armored to inspect your guns.

But I'm not a cheater, so it's your call.
I did all this before even considering a shoot. I would welcome any authority there to inspect my gun so they can tell me which match I can shoot in. That's probably the best policy. I surely don't want to cheat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would a G41 MOS qualify for the stock division? I am considering picking one up for xmas, but I am not finding a lot of info on it. Have yo guys seen one in the wild yet?

-Big Al

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Would a G41 MOS qualify for the stock division? I am considering picking one up for xmas, but I am not finding a lot of info on it. Have yo guys seen one in the wild yet?

-Big Al
With an optic, it would only be allowed in Unlimited. Without, it could also be used in Competition.
By a child (<18yo), it can also be used in AmCiv, Master Stock, and Heavy Metal.

·
Crusty Member
10,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I haven't seen this talked about...but did anyone else notice in the latest Glock Report that polymer and aluminum magwells are now explicitly permitted in "stock" divisions? I'm not sure how I feel about this change. As an RO, how am I to differentiate an aluminum magwell from other (heavier) metals?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I
I haven't seen this talked about...but did anyone else notice in the latest Glock Report that polymer and aluminum magwells are now explicitly permitted in "stock" divisions? I'm not sure how I feel about this change. As an RO, how am I to differentiate an aluminum magwell from other (heavier) metals?
If it's not obviously brass I'm not going to worry about it.

21 - 40 of 131 Posts