close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Richmond, CA 2002 Photos (Action)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by -, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Hello all,

Took a few digital pics (1500+ images)this weekend at Richmond, CA. It's posted on my webpage. I got a few of Dale Rhea and Jason Pettitt.

http://www.johnencinas.com

Enjoy

2. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Neat site. Pretty cool to see how good/bad different shooter's stances are.

3. Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl

Ya shoulda been there RO'ing some of those bad stances - it was all I could do NOT to push some of them forward :)

Then there was the brand new shooter that didn't hold onto the gun at all, it damn near hit her in the face EVERY time she fired. It was awful to watch - I so wanted to help!!!!!!

4. Guest

[​IMG]

I was watching her shoot as well, she sure did almost hit herself with her GLOCK;P

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Ouch! Someone should have stepped forward and offered some advice.

6. Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl

She was with a large group of Gentlemen and I just didn't feel like they would have taken the advice well. She did get all her hits :)

It was just PAINFUL to watch!!!!

GREAT pictures John - I'm looking forward to the BBCC. I didn't realize you were at Yolo in February! I like the prone shots of moi with my hat backwards - gonna have to buy one of those!

7. Rob26

Rob26 Millennium Member

Hey, that's my wife your talkin' about!

No, seriously, that is my wife you are talking about.

First time she shot a GSSF match. She's shot handguns some but is somewhat intimidated by them. She often does not lock her wrists. She was also somewhat intimidated by the match and that may have distracted her some.

I personally couldn't have cared less if she had been offered advice - it wouldn't have offended me. But it might have offended her! She's pretty capable of thinking for herself. Damn cute too in that Wilco t-shirt. The picture was shot on the first stage. I really couldn't care less whether she displays perfect form. I was delighted that she came out to shoot with us - and very, very proud of her performance. She is a fine woman.

And, as noted, she was getting all of her hits.

When she went to the second stage the RO spent a long time giving her advice on how to hold the pistol after she finished. Then, at the last stage and couldn't hit at all because she was following his advice. What went wrong? We're still not sure. Sometimes its a long road to become a master class shooter. :).

One RO kept telling me to get a shotgun for home defense after watching her shoot. I was polite to him. I thought the point of the exercise was to encourage new shooters to participate in GSSF, not to make fun of them.

We'll be back next year - lean and mean!

8. Guest

I was actually encouraged that a few female shooter were out there last weekend. I met another female shooter by the name of Onna, It was her first time as well. It looked like she enjoyed it.

I will be submitting some of my images to magazines (Glock Annual for one) and a number of the images I will be sending feature female shooters. The industry, IMHO should embrace new female shooters to the sport.

John

9. Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl

Rob - if you're here in NoCal area - email me and I'll take her to the range and work with her outside of a match setting. She's got GREAT potential - just needs a little female influence on how to hold that thing :)

10. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Rob,

I'd take Shooter Grrl up on her offer...if your better half is open to that. SG has been around these shooting games and knows the ropes. (ie. Shooter Grrl just won her class at the USPSA Race Gun Nationals.)

:cool:

11. Shooter Grrl

Shooter Grrl

Oops - Twas rather presumptous of me to just assume that everyone in the whole wide world knows who i am!!!!

Thanks for the intro Kyle!