GSSF Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bowtie, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Now I could be wrong..But does the fact that sombody who shoots in the Master stock or Master unlimited and also shoots Amateur Civilian pretty much blow any real amateur rookie's chance of a win ?

2. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

once you are promoted to "master" status by GSSF you can't shoot Amateur classes anymore, you are limited to unlimited, master stock, and master sub.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Masters cannot shoot AmCiv. AmCiv shooters can shoot in Master Stock and Master Unlimited.

4. rukh

rukh Senior Member

If the person is a Master, then yes, it could well rule out any Amateur winning. However, if the shooter is an Amateur, who is eligible to shoot in any class, then no, it does not. I know several Amateurs who love to shoot so much, and have built unlimited guns, that they shoot in Amateur Civilian, Competition, Subcompact and Master Unlimited regularly. They haven't won yet in Amateur Civilian or any of the other classes but that doesn't dampen their enthusiasm for the sport. As a matter of fact, I encourage them to shoot in as many classes as they can afford for the sheer fun of it and for the experience it gives them. The lessons learned may be invaluable.

5. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Makes perfect sense...Thank you .

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shoot AmCiv as well as MS, plus AS, MS, and Comp. don't really have a chance of winning in any class but i have fun.

7. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ede...I believe you are posting better scores than me ...my best is a 91.96 this year...and I hope eventually to be in that 65.0 arena...I know you will graduate one day.... ;f By the way did ya get my e mail about Brighton?;f

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

no not seen any emails about brighton, i did talk to sheri at the last indoor match i was at. not sure about the better scores either, i think "getting lucky" once in a while is more accurate description. for whatever reason my shooting skills seem to come and go. hate to admit it but i've just started to shooting at home, 5 to glock right now, timer and all. going to statesville next weekend so we'll see how i do. i have a love hate thing going with steel targets.