close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Question!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Romba1182, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Romba1182

Romba1182

Hey guys! After much research and consideration, talking to people and shooting, I've decided I want a Glock as my first gun to get into IDPA type competition. I recently learned about the GSSF pistol purchase program. Obviously I'd like to take advantage of it! The small problem is that I'm a minor, and obviously can't buy a handgun. So my question is:

>If I join GSSF as a junior member/minor will I still get a pistol purchase coupon that my parent could use to buy a gun for me?<

If my parent joins they'd get the coupon but i can't shoot in the competitions!

My dad doesn't like guns (but I think will tolerate me having one for comp) and my mom is okay with them but doesn't have any interest, so one of them joining serves no purpose.

Thanks for all the help guys, I sincerely appreciate it!

EDIT: Also, can junior members/minors win pistols as prizes or the random drawing pistols? In my state (SC) you have to be 18 to own a handgun, and I'm 16, but can I still win one?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Minors cannot win pistols in GSSF, but get a savings bond instead. You will have to direct your other questions to gssf@glock.us on Monday.