Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a week ago so I could order a G23 and the nice lady at Ed's public safety briefly mentioned that GSSF would be sending me something.

What exactly will I be getting, and how long will it take to receive? It's been a week so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to call them or just wait.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
it all depends on what is going on in the office.

They just had some matches, so it might take some more time.

Did you join through Ed's?

·
20,411 Posts
The packet, which takes about 4 weeks to receive, contains:

1. GSSF cap
2. Membership card
3. Copy of The Glock Report--2011 Volume I due out around April 1st
4. Copy of The Glock Annual--the 2011 will be mailed to you around April 1st with The Glock Report

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
I got my packet when my gun shipped over, sans the membership card. Can I assume that Ed's will mail it over after a certain time?
Your membership card will come directly from the GSSF office (not Ed's) - but I can't tell you how long that will take. :dunno:

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
I joined on Jan 24, 2011....It's Feb. 5, 2011 and I aint heard or received nothing yet (however, my credit card was charged a week ago). I joined directly with GSSF because I'm not ordering from Ed's. By the time you pay the freight (all costs related to getting the pistol sent out of state), I would not have saved any money at all. I wish I knew when to expect my stuff in the mail, I'm ready to buy a new pistol.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I joined on Jan 24, 2011....It's Feb. 5, 2011 and I aint heard or received nothing yet (however, my credit card was charged a week ago). I joined directly with GSSF because I'm not ordering from Ed's. By the time you pay the freight (all costs related to getting the pistol sent out of state), I would not have saved any money at all. I wish I knew when to expect my stuff in the mail, I'm ready to buy a new pistol.
You might want to know that the Glock you get from Ed's is blue lable and has 3 mags. Plus the shipping to your FFL holder is only $15.00!:shocked:

Make a call to Ed's and check it out for yourself, there great folks to deal with!:supergrin:

Dan:cool:

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
You might want to know that the Glock you get from Ed's is blue lable and has 3 mags. Plus the shipping to your FFL holder is only $15.00!:shocked:

Make a call to Ed's and check it out for yourself, there great folks to deal with!:supergrin:

Dan:cool:
That's all true...but, there is another $35.00 charge from local FFL's for a grand total of $475.00. Now, how much have you saved??? I would have bought from Ed's if there was really a savings for me. All Glocks, except for sub-compacts, come with 3 magazines (it is so stated on the GSSF web site). If you accept them with less than 3 magazines, you have cheated yourself. However, most/all retailers do in fact "STEAL" one of the magazines and then sell it as new to whom-ever. Be informed, it's powerful!!!!!

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
That's all true...but, there is another $35.00 charge from local FFL's for a grand total of $475.00.
Depends on your FFL.

One in my town charges $85.00. The one I use charges $30.00.

I've heard of some that only charge their regular/loyal customers more like $15.00.

Regardless.... a new G17 in Charlotte is going to run you $569. I'd still be saving close to $100. I can drive out to the boonies and get one for $500, but at the cost of a tank of gas (at $3.00 a gallon)... I'd have spent almost the same.

·
20,411 Posts
tuf8seconds,

If you can't back up your statement, then retract it.

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
That's all true...but, there is another $35.00 charge from local FFL's for a grand total of $475.00. Now, how much have you saved??? I would have bought from Ed's if there was really a savings for me. All Glocks, except for sub-compacts, come with 3 magazines (it is so stated on the GSSF web site). If you accept them with less than 3 magazines, you have cheated yourself. However, most/all retailers do in fact "STEAL" one of the magazines and then sell it as new to whom-ever. Be informed, it's powerful!!!!!
What are your local Glocks going for? Make sure that you tack on the tax that you also have to pay for the local deal and then let us know what the difference is. Unless you are getting it at the actual GSSF cost through the local dealer, you will probably find that the GSSF deal will still come out ahead (assuming your local dealer has a reasonable transfer fee :whistling:).

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
What are your local Glocks going for? Make sure that you tack on the tax that you also have to pay for the local deal and then let us know what the difference is. Unless you are getting it at the actual GSSF cost through the local dealer, you will probably find that the GSSF deal will still come out ahead (assuming your local dealer has a reasonable transfer fee :whistling:).
I didn't want to bring that up.... because *technically* you are supposed to pay the tax to your state even for items bought in other states where you didn't pay tax (such as this deal from Ed's).

There have been several states that want Amazon to provide them a list of who (from their state) bought stuff from Amazon, the state wants to make sure that person paid the tax. States are losing quite a bit of money on internet sales...

Not that I lose a lot of sleep over their mismanagement of my tax dollars.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
tuf8seconds,

Please post a list of dealers and their addresses that steal magazines. If you can't back up your statement, then retract it.

Any dealer that you buy a new Glock from and it doesn't have 3 magazines (except for sub-compacts)...List Completed & Case Closed!!!!!

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Depends on your FFL.

One in my town charges $85.00. The one I use charges $30.00.

I've heard of some that only charge their regular/loyal customers more like $15.00.

Regardless.... a new G17 in Charlotte is going to run you $569. I'd still be saving close to $100. I can drive out to the boonies and get one for $500, but at the cost of a tank of gas (at $3.00 a gallon)... I'd have spent almost the same.

I can buy a brand spankin' new G17, G19 or G26 Gen3 (which is what I want), and similar .40's and 357sig. models for $479.00.
Therefore, there aint a real big savings for me at Ed's. I didn't think about the sales tax but even so, if I buy it local for $425.00 + tax, I will still beat the price at Ed's. Believe me, I did my homework.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts

I can buy a brand spankin' new G17, G19 or G26 Gen3 (which is what I want), and similar .40's and 357sig. models for $479.00.
Therefore, there aint a real big savings for me at Ed's. I didn't think about the sales tax but even so, if I buy it local for $425.00 + tax, I will still beat the price at Ed's. Believe me, I did my homework.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to tell you, I am absolutely brand new to shooting hand guns. Only a few weeks ago a friend of mine dragged me into Total Firearm's range in Mason, MI to try it. To be honest, I have been uncomfortable with hand guns all my life. Until a few weeks ago, I had never held a hand gun, let alone fired one. The only thing that got me in there was an adventurous spirit to try anything once.

WOW! Now that is awesome! Their range officer, Rick, is absolutely awesome. I love that he is dead serious about being safe, yet he seems to really enjoy teaching, and helping others learn proper methods and techniques. I can't say enough about how much I've appreciated Rick's help. They have dozens of "range guns" that you can rent for $15 or so.

I've been in there about half a dozen times in the last few weeks renting all sorts of different guns. I have truly fallen in love with shooting Glocks though. It seems like the G17 is a great gun for a "rookie" to start with. I haven't yet participated in their GSSF indoor shoots yet, but I am planning to attend the March shoot, whether my GSSF membership is processed yet or not.

OK, back on the subject of this thread... (I'm just excited about getting started in sport shooting, can you tell??)

I mailed in my GSSF membership last Monday, and I still haven't seen anything, nor have they cashed the check yet. I will admit, I have been anxious since I have a Gen4 G17 on hold (for now) waiting for my membership card. I need to tell you.... I'm very grateful for the posts like these that speak of how busy they are; and that it is common for it to take a few weeks. Otherwise, like anybody else, I would tend to be impatient.

The more I start to understand what is involved in these competitive shoots, the volume of people that attend, and all that GSSF does for their membership, I completely understand why it takes as long as it does. I absolutely understand being short handed. To the folks at GSSF that have to process all of this work... I want to tell you "THANK YOU". You must really enjoy your work, and be very dedicated to the sport for all the stuff you have to process at a national level for all of us participating in this. The more I begin to understand, the more overwhelming it is to even try to comprehend what they do. If any of the GSSF staff see this... "thank you", and if I get my membership stuff in the next few weeks I'll be just as excited as ever.

For now, I've been having a blast renting guns, and burning ammo!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
@tuf8seconds. Took me about 6 weeks to receive my packet. It consists of what DannyR said but I also received a Glock Sticker and Patch also.

I did purchase a G30SF with the GSSF discount through OMB Guns. I only received two magazines with the pistol though I am not complaining. Been the best Glock I have ever purchased.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
GSSF sent out over 700 packages to people who joined in December and the first couple of weeks in January, then ran out of hats. :faint:

So, if you joined within the last three weeks or so what you will get in the short run will be your membership card. That is what most people are looking for anyway, so they can participate in the purchase program.

GSSF will send out the remedial membership packages with all the other goodies once they get a new shipment of hats in house. That may be weeks or even months.

Those boats from China are pretty slow. :supergrin:

·
5 or 6 rounds?
981 Posts
GSSF sent out over 700 packages to people who joined in December and the first couple of weeks in January, then ran out of hats. :faint:

So, if you joined within the last three weeks or so what you will get in the short run will be your membership card. That is what most people are looking for anyway, so they can participate in the purchase program.

GSSF will send out the remedial membership packages with all the other goodies once they get a new shipment of hats in house. That may be weeks or even months.

Those boats from China are pretty slow. :supergrin:
Need to get Alan and Scotty to weave some GSSF straw hats to send out!!:supergrin::rofl:

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
so after you go to an indoor shoot,

come out to an outdoor GSSF match and really see what

the rest of us ENJOY.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts