GSSF Purchase Program

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by PEC-Memphis, May 14, 2007.

1. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Does anybody know if the GSSf purchase program will be reactivated in 2007?

2. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

Don't get your hopes up. I am still waiting for mine. They charged my credit card on January 11, 2007 and 16 weeks later still haven't received my G17. Called and was told it would probably be at least 3 more weeks as they are 90,000 units behind. :brickwall:

3. apple454

apple454

Hey Berliner Kid. When were you in Berlin. I was there between 1975 and 1977.

4. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

I'm a little older. 1963-1965. Wouldn't mind visiting but I'm sure it has changed immensely. I was at Andrews, Signal Corp. Crypto.

5. Broadside

Broadside

Berlin Kid,

I'm not doubting what you are saying, but this just doesn't make any sense. I ordered a G35 through the program. I ordered it in late December and had it within a month. Also, I don't think they charged my credit card until it shipped.

You might want to call again and speak to someone else.

As for running the program again this year. IIRC, it didn't start until August of last year. So there is still hope they might run it again. I think what we all need to do is start talking it up to the GSSF staff when we are at the matches. Hopefully they'll go back to Smryna and report what a positive program it was and they'll do it again. :)

6. ThreeGlockMike

ThreeGlockMike

May not happen. From what I was hearing the stocking dealers were less than pleased that people could buy for less than their cost....

7. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

I was in contact with Donna at GSSF. She referred me to a contact in sales since GSSF doesn't ship directly, Glock does all the shipping. Sales looked up my order and I was told that it was going to be at least 3 more weeks. I figured a black G17 would be a "no brainer" but such is not the case. :sad:

8. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

I have a Glock 34 that I am waiting on also. It has already been 8 weeks. They also told me that they were 90,000 units behind. A lot of their manufacturing depends on what gets sent to them from Austria.

I also have tried to find out when they were going to ship the order but as of yet no one has returned my Calls. I have talked to GSSF and they refer me the other side as well but Donna has never returned my calls. I am rather fustrated by the fact that they don't. I will wait a couple of more days and then try again.

9. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

My contact with Donna has been through email. It took at least three emails before I got a response. You would hope that they would send some free goodies to pacify us while we wait. HINT

10. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

Would you mind sending me her email address so that I could try to contact her?

11. Berlin Kid

Berlin Kid

PM sent

12. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

13. kilroy2721

kilroy2721

I finally got through to them today. I talked to Donna on the Production side and she said that it will probably be another 2 weeks at least before it ships out, and if I don't have it by then to call them back.

I just don't have the patience to wait. I am like a little kid just waiting for Christmas to show up so I can play with the toys.

Several of you GT'ers out there sent me some contact info for Glock and I want to say THANK YOU.