Me and a friend of mine that participate in GSSF decided to build our own set of plates. When all was said and done we had 12 hours each invested and $90.00. We finished up Sat. and decided to shoot them. We were worried about richocets at first. We saw the bullets falling to the ground right in front of the plates. We went to see what they looked like, well , they looked more like quarters than bullets. I mean these things flattened right out and lost every bit of velocity when they struck the plates. The only problem we had is that the hinges we used weren't heavy enough and started bending a little. It was well worth the effort. I should be in fine shape for Statesville.