GSSF outdoor "local" matches in Ohio?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ANeat, May 1, 2007.

1. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Got a little taste of GSSF indoor shooting at Target World this spring and enjoyed myself. Now for outdoor GSSF in the SW Ohio or Northern KY area what is a guy to do??
    I know there is a big match in Marietta this summer but do any of the local clubs hold matches till then.

Thanks; Adam

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

If you are talking about GSSF indoor matches, check gssfonline.com under indoor matches and they have a schedule listed. That's the only thing I believe clubs have in Ohio. Some outdoor ranges do similar matches I've been told. For indoor, BlackwingSC (Delaware) has the first of a series coming up May 12 and New Albany Shooting Range (NASR) has the second of the series coming up May 26th. Those outdoor matches close to Ohio are: Indy (June), Marietta (end of July), Brighton, Michigan (middle of September) and Lexington, KY (end of October). Those outdoor GSSF matches are only three or four hours from OHio (from Columbus, Ohio - you might live closer/farther from them)and are fun times. Hope to see you at some outdoor matches.

3. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Im talking about outdoor matches. Matches where a person might have a chance to run through the stages listed in the GSSF rules before going to a larger match.

Seems like a local club would do good to set up some small "non sanctioned" fun matches where a guy would get a chance to get some practice in before one of the bigger matches.

If nothing else I can get out the D1 targets and set up some stages at the local range to practice.

As for the regional outdoor matches I should be able to make Marietta, Lexington, perhaps Indy.

Thanks; Adam

4. ede

ede

ashland gun club ashland, ky has a gssf style match as does blue grass in lexington and ft. harmar in marietta. blue grass and ft. harmar also have a "real" gssf match as sharon pointed out.

5. rledwards

rledwards Semper Fi

It's not Ohio, but we do hold local GSSF-style matches at BGSL, Wilmore, KY, near Lexington.
    You just missed our last one, it was last Saturday. Our next one will be Saturday, July 28th. For more info see our web site www.IDPAatBGSL.com and click on the "Local GSSF-Style Match" link on the left pane of the home page.
    --Lin

6. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Fort Harmar in Marietta is going to have four "Glock style" matches this year; starting in July.

WP