close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF News

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

If you have not looked at www.gssfonline.com real recently I would HIGHLY recommend you check it out NOW.:beer:

2. Don At PC

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Scott said they were going to do it last week when i talked with him at marietta but i was afraid to say anything for fear it wouldn't happen and it'd look like i misquoted him. i love it ,not a big change but enough to keep everyone on their toes and to keep the cheaters that pratice from learning one stage set up.

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

about the GSSF deal.

Was that fast enough:)

5. km625

km625

How DOES practicing make you a cheater?

kmorris

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

I just viewed the changes on www.gssfonline.com and I am "excited" about the new courses of fire. The change and the "unknown" of which course of fire that you will fire until you arrive at the match is another great asset that GSSF is adding to the sport.

I feel that there are also benefits to changing a routine course of fire:

1. If you are dealing with some bad habits like bad trigger control, choppy transitions and bad stance, changing a course of fire will sometimes cause you to refocus and correct such habits.

2. The "surprise" course of fire will level the playing field for everyone. Repeated practices shooting the same course of fire will not be possible so everyone will need to practice and master the basics: grip, stance, trigger control and sight alignment

3. Changes in the course of fire should improve each competitor's shooting ability by expanding their shooting experiences.

4. The new courses of fire should attract more competitors from IPSC and IDPA since they are accustomed to shooting surprise COF's.

One of the only negatives to random courses of fire is the inability to measure your performance from the last match that you competed in. Since the probability of shooting more than one match each season that has the same 5TG and GM version would be low, you may not get to compare your scores for improvement. Let's face it, some of you will be capable of shooting some courses faster and more accurate than other courses of fire. I'm anxious to see which course of fire will be my favorite.

Overall, I applaude the changes made by GSSF. I'm anxious to shoot my next match where these changes will be applied.

See ya on the range,
    Bobby Carver

7. Don At PC

I like the looks of a couple of them. I hope they use one of the new options at Topton. I do have one question: Target distances, will the closest D-1 still be 5 yards and the farthests 25 yards? I am not concerned about the other measurements but would like to know especially if there will be any targets beyond 25 yards. Otherwise I am anxious to give them a try.

Hope to see y'al at Topton in a couple weeks. ;)

8. GJM89

GJM89

Everybody knows that Practice is cheating, right? :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

9. BCarver

Don,
    It is my understanding that the maximum target distances will remain the same. It's possible, though, that some of the distances may be shorter. Of course, steel will remain to be at a minimum of 11 yards for safety. It is also my understanding that we WILL be using one of each course of fire at Topton. I'm really anxious!!!!

"Go Team CARVER Mounts at Topton"
    Bobby

10. Don At PC

Bobby;

Thanks. That sounds great. I will be ready to enjoy Topton.

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

at marietta scott said they'd be doing it within the next few matches, now that it's official there's no reason to think you won't see it at the next match.

12. DKnight

DKnight Stock 17

I agree with Bobby. I too am excited about the new courses! It gives it a little spice and breaks up the monotony. I think it is a great move in the right direction and am looking forward the next match! Nothing wrong with a little practice, just keep practicing the basic fundamentals.

13. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

The new courses of fire ,WILL keep everyone on their toes ,and now it will inphasize trigger control, but most of all the very most basic rule of the GSSF game is to come to the match and have fun!!!!!!!

Change is good to keep from getting in a rut!
    Jeff

14. weakeyes

weakeyes

When will we be able to find out what the new distances will be??? Will the host club have the choice to use the setup of their choice??
    How far in advance will the host club know what they will set up??
    Makes me no difference, I am an old worn out IPSC and IDPA shooter, and this is the way it's done, except the big matches are usually put on a website a week or so in advance. Should be interesting.I'm ready to try some as soon as we find out the distances.
    Bill B

15. BCarver

Hello Bill,

It is my understanding that the host club will not know which version of the Glock M and 5TG will be used for the match until a rep from Glock arrives the day before the match.

As for the distances, I have requested them to be posted and am anxious to find out, too. It is my understanding that the maximum distances for each course of fire will remain the same.

Looking forward to seeing you another match soon.

"Have fun shooting Glocks"
    Bobby