close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Membership +P+

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by yobohadi, Jul 11, 2012.

1. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

Sorry for the confusing title, and if this is not appropriate for this forum then Danny can nuke it if he likes. I also am not a spokesperson for any organization, or a troll, I just want to share what was on my mind and what I decided to do today when going about registering for a GSSF match and renew my GSSF membership.

I got to thinking about all my memberships and how much I spend a year on them. I realized I spend much more a year on memberships that I hardly use and most of those are not gun related. The only two gun related memberships that I had this morning was my GSSF and NRA memberships. Now I know people have their reasons for not supporting the many organizations out there helping to protect our gun and shooting sports rights. Many of those reasons (I am now calling them excuses) are spouted almost word for word by people on the forums or even my friends and 90% of them go like this: "I just don't like some of their political stances" or "They are too political for me"... Well DUH! :faint: That is the nature of the beast!

I don't want this to turn into a political argument, It will get locked fast, if you want to argue politics there is a forum for that, so please go there. I was thinking about the gun related news we have seen lately and what has been going on all around us right now with the UN small arms treaty, the Fast and Furious debacle, the Zimmerman case in Florida, and even the Political and judicial football game the Kitsap Rod and Gun club in Bremerton, Washington has been playing trying not to get shut down by their local government (which affects a GSSF competition in September!!!) I was planning on saving up to buy a new gun, but instead decided I needed to do more to help keep our rights going so that future generations can enjoy the shooting sports, especially GSSF. :banana: So with the little money I had saved up in my gun fund I renewed my NRA and GSSF memberships for another year and also joined 3 new Second Amendment related organizations, then I kicked in a little more for donations: Gun Owners of America, The Second Amendment Foundation, and Knife Rights.

I am also looking into joining a few other organizations like the NSSF and some local ones here in Idaho. (once I save up a little money that is) I am looking at it as good, inexpensive insurance for the large amount I spend each year on shooting.

I guess what I was getting at with all my yammering was if you are only a GSSF member and you enjoy those competitions you should look into, join, and donate to other organizations that help to keep our gun rights and even make the GSSF possible.