close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Matches?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by HuntingGuy, Jul 14, 2006.

1. HuntingGuy

HuntingGuy Show me 10-8.

Hi all,

I have a GSSF match in the morning about 5 miles away from here. I won't be competing because I've hardly got any practice with my 36 lately, but will go for the support. Just wondering, does Glock give anything away to spectators? Gift bag, anything?

Just wondering how worth it it will be for me to wake up so early :alien:

2. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

No spectator door prizes that I am aware of. The armorer will look over your gun if you want.

That being said, bring some ammo and shoot. Practice is not required. I would guess that the majority of GSSF shooters practice very little. The way Glock's prize structure is, you still have a chance to take home $$ or a new gun.

If nothing else, bring your gun, mags, and enough ammo. After watching, you will want to shoot anyway.

3. HuntingGuy

HuntingGuy Show me 10-8.

Ok, i'll tag along Saturday and may register to shoot Sunday if I like it. Is that an option, or no?

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Yup, that'll work!

But bring along your ear muffs, glasses, a couple boxes of ammo, and four magazines (if you have them) along with your Glock, cuz you may not want to wait till Sunday!

I'll be there, I'll be carrying a small black Glock gun pouch and my name will be on my shirt!

Sounds like there's little chance of getting cold there tomorrow! :)

:patriot:

5. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

They always take walk up registrations. Some years they have a vendor selling stuff, some not. I've always had the armorer take a look at my gun. Once or twice he has replaced a part or two with upgrades . . . all for free.

6. todddr

todddr

I shot my first GSSF match last weekend...did the same thing, went just to 'check things out' cause I hadn't been shooting much and had just bought the Glock 19 and only shot it once. But, after watching others, I decided to give it a try. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but I felt good about my shooting for having not shot much for years and just jumping in. So, yeah, bring bullets, extra mags, etc. and cash or credit/debit card...you'll probably want to jump in.

7. HuntingGuy

HuntingGuy Show me 10-8.

Butch,

Good luck tomorrow brotha. Will make sure to hassle you if I see ya runnin around :rollsmiley: Yeah, 100 degrees - I'll be out on the lake after 10:30a!

8. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk Senior Chicken

The GSSF matches are GREAT fun! You'd be crazy not to shoot.

Who cares where you fall in the final standings. It's great fun (did I mention that?) and different from your normal shooting regimine.

As a disabled person I love GSSF. I envy IPSC shooters but can't do all that movement with a gun in my hands. At GSSF none of the courses require you to walk while shooting.

My favorite is the Glock'M course! If I lived as close as you to a range where they do GSSF matches I would NEVER miss a match.

I usually sign up 2x and I use one as a warm up, then shoot the other for my 'competition' entry. They let you shoot both at the same time if you tell them what you're doing.

Have fun!
    ChickenHawk

9. HuntingGuy

HuntingGuy Show me 10-8.

Just got back, sure looks fun. The Glock'M looks awesome!

Maybe someone can help me with this. I'd be entering in major subcompact with my G36 .45, but I'm under the impression you should be playing with 7 rounds in the gun. Will they allow me to chamber one, pull out my mag, and load an additional to make it 7? I just don't want anyone to feel unsafe. I don't have any +1 extensions, so it would be my only option. Didn't see you yet, Butch, sleepin in late are we? :supergrin:

Any advice would be great.. :)

10. ChickenHawk

ChickenHawk Senior Chicken

You can't shoot in the standard Amateur-Competition with a G36. Glock'M is a 9 round string so you have to have 9 rounds minimum (11 max).

There is a MajorSub version which is designed for G29, 30, 36, 39 shooters, and they have slightly different rules.

Check out The GSSF Rules for the complete set of rules and which guns can be used in which competitions.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk

11. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

I was there from about 0930 till nearly 5 PM......from a little after ten till well after noon I was languishing in the heat at the Glock M waiting to shoot..... :frown:

I'll be there again tomorrow though, look for the Team Carver mount shirts!

:patriot: