close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF matches in my area?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by popinsmoke, Dec 22, 2004.

1. popinsmoke

popinsmoke

I am very interested in competing in a GSSF match.
    However the only matches I found on the GSSF website are on the of the country from me.
    Anyone know if they ever hold matches in the midwest such as Iowa,Nebraska,Kansas,Missouri, ETC?
    As much fun as they sound I dont see myself driving more than three or four hours to compete however that gives me a good base since I am in the middle of the country.

2. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

From GSSF online:

September 17 - 18, 2005
    Hallsville, Missouri
    Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club
    Midwest Regional Classic XIV

gman67

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Where would your middle of the country be? You might not be as limited as you think. :)

4. popinsmoke

popinsmoke

Omaha nebraska area

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Oh my... you weren't kidding. Well, another one besides Hallsville might be the Oakdale shoot in Minneapolis. Probably 5-1/2 hrs one way. Sorry; Omaha (looking at a map) seems like a perfect location, as if there should be one there. I'd certainly go to one there if it existed. I'm planning on attending Indy, Oakdale, Hallsville, Lexington & maybe Greeley, CO next year. But except for Oakdale they'll involve an overnight from western WI.
    http://www.gssfonline.com/ ;f

6. cmzneb

cmzneb

Unfortunately GSSF wasn't interested in having a match in Nebraska, as we had a place lined up to host one.

So instead.......... We are running similar matches in the Lincoln area, which isn't to far for you.

More info here: http://rockyourglock.tripod.com

Come and try one of the matches in Lincoln and see if you enjoy it. If you get hooked (LIKELY!), then traveling to one of the real GSSF matches won't seem as bad. If you don't enjoy it then you didn't have to travel 5-8 hours to figure that out.

I went to Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri this year, and will probably add one or two more matches (TX, UT or IN) next year. It is alot of FUN!!!