GSSF match, pistol inspection

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by maxxx93, Aug 27, 2002.

1. maxxx93

maxxx93

After reading many posts regarding, what modifcations are legal, for a Glock, used in a GSSF match. I have a question.

The only match I have shot in so far, was Nashua, in July.
    But it just dawned on me, that, nobody ever asked to see my pistol, I made sure my pistol was legal, before going, but how do they know that.
    I don't recall anybody looking at anyone's Glock, except for people dealing with the armorer.

Back when I was racing, they used to tear us down, when we finished in the top three. Is it the same type of thing with GSSF.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

GSSF does not know who the top three are until long after the match has ended. Most RO's eyeball your pistol for visible, illegal mods. You can be assured that competitors are also glancing at other pistols. Fiber optics, Express sights, Lasers and S.S. match barrels are easy to spot, as are Sherer extended bases and A&G grip sleeves.

Tom Costanza had his Stockmeister G17 inspected several times last year, passing with flying colors each inspection. The Pro's have no need to cheat. They are good without any gadgets.

3. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

I have been shooting GSSF since 1995 and have never seen anyone get inspected. Had several competitors showoff their non-stock parts, special handloaded ammo and in one case had his "buddy" shoot for him at the stage I was at. Cheaters will cheat. Those with any honor at all will do the right thing.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Handloads per se are not illegal for stock class shooting.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Since I notice that you are an LEO I certainly hope you called the cheating ( buddy shooting for his score at the stage you were shooting)to the attention of the RO. I would hope all GSSF shooters would do their part in policing the cheaters. I am sure some are out there as with any competition. Real competitors have no need to cheat.

6. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

I know that handloads are legal, this particular guy was showing off all the tricks that were going to insure his win. The substitute shooter was pretty poor (that is much slower and less accurate than most) and I did mention it to both of them.

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Well, I have shot a number of GSSF matches. I can assure you that DannyR is correct about my pistol being inspected. It seems that there were people convinced that my shooting in Stockmeister HAD to be as a result of an illegal gun.
    Mr. Edwards, the GSSF Police, checked my gun at 3 different matches to make sure I had no secret parts or illegal items. Each time the gun was found to be 100% stock (except for the Bomar sights).
    When that didn't work for some, they just cried enough to get the rules about winning guns changed for a certain group in GSSF. :(

8. maxxx93

maxxx93

(insert homer simpson voice)
    DOOOHHHH

I didn't even think about that.