close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Info

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Superfueler, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Superfueler

Superfueler Glockenplane

I am a new Glock owner (G23) and I am interested in possibly joining the GSSF. But, what else is there to being a member besides the one match a year in my area and the nice magazine I'd get every month? Are there regular practice sessions/get togethers where a novice like me can learn the tips and tricks of competition shooting? I'm in the southern NH area.
    Thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

As a member:

1. You may compete in any GSSF match, In addition to Nashua, there are closeby matches in Long Island, NY and Jackson, NJ.

2. You receive The Glock report, published 3 times a year, not monthly.

3. You get a free copy of The Glock Annual every April.

4. You get a free GSSF cap when you join.

Many of us started out by going to the closest match, but now travel hundreds of miles to attend more matches. The competition is fun, the fellowship is great, plus you always have a chance of winning a Glock in Amateur/Civilian due to the Lewis scoring system--you could finish 100th and still win a Glock.

There are several "stickies" at the top of this forum that provide wonderful tips and suggestions.

You may join by mail or join at a match. Full details at www.gssfonline.com

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Superfueler
    Welcome to the GSSF form! Like Coach said, you won't find a friendlier group of folks, right Fireglock!!!! Come on and join GSSF and showup at a match, you won't be sorry!! You'll have a much FUN with you closes on than you can handle!!;f
    Dan:cool:

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Fun and friendly we got. :)

5. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Addicted is the word...My first match was Waldorf, MD and liked it enough to drive to Jackson, NJ...after Jackson...I was addicted... and on my way to Anderson, SC. Hope to shoot in at least 4 this year and break the 150 barrier.

6. Brenden

Brenden Infidel

I have been trying to download the form to join and it is not coming up to do so.I have Adobe,can anyone else help me out with a copy?
    I know I can cut out a form from one of my magazines,but I prefer not to..I appreciate it..
    Thanks..

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Here it is. You can just open it and print it.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Glad Fireglock could help you. You might check to see if you have the latest version of Acrobat. You shou be using version 5 something. An older version could cause you not to be able to download from GSSF Online.

9. Brenden

Brenden Infidel

I have 5.1 installed.Something must be up,I cannot get the form from fireglock either.It just says done and I have a small icon in top left hand corner ..Thanks anyways people...I will have to figure it out...

10. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

:) Superfueler

Join up and start having a blast. I became hooked after my first match and will continue to do so as long as I am able. I live up in North West Florida and found a great bunch that allowed me to tag along. My first match, was Statesville, NC and when scores came out I was teaching in our clubs monthly basic firearm class. One of the GSSF members of our club phoned me and had good news and bad news. I said ok tell me the good news. I was told I finished in the (A-class)or top 1/3 of all the shooter in Amateur/Civilian. I told him I must be doing something right. Then he told me I missed winning a pistol by 0.38 seconds. Bummer! Then I figured it out I was the last person in the A-class and missed the B-class winner pistol by 0.38 seconds. Any one can win!;Q

11. Brenden

Brenden Infidel

Unistalled and reinstalled Adobe..
    Works now.
    Thanks for the help.
    I am joining..

12. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Ahhhhhhh; aren't computers fun? Glad you solved the problem. Welcome to GSSF. Hope to see you at a match soon.

13. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

unfortunately gssf is for many people a once or twice a year thing

i am rather lucky to live in an area where i can drive to 4 or more matches a year (it's just too bad i cannot count on being able to get the time off work to do it)

you need to get involved in something that is year round

i would reccomend you join idpa immediately to get your feet wet

glocks rule there - they actually could rename it to the glock defensive pistol association (GDPA)

you are very likely to find very close to you someplace that has regular monthly matches

lots of fun

after sending in your membership to idpa - send a check in to gssf - you really do need to get to a gssf match - they are a blast

if you hookup with the glock crowd at the idpa match - you may very well find someone who is going to be going to this or that gssf match.....

as long as you are not too annoying they might not mind it if you ride with them - so you may find yourself going to matches that you wouldnt otherwise be able to go to

what could be better than to have a bunch of your idpa friends at the match to tell you how bad you suck cause you missed a plate