close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF indoor rules

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by matty9, Apr 25, 2006.

1. matty9

matty9

Can someone please tell me if I am correct on this. I honestly do not remember where I heard it but I was under the assumption that once you shoot the course of fire say with a G19 you could not shoot again with the same gun on the same day. If I am wrong please tell me so. The last indoor match I shot in I scored 436/500 which is a personal best so I am happy with it. But some of the people shot multiple times with the same gun, just wasn't sure if that was allowed. If it is I will start doing it. Thank you for your reply.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

depends on the range you're shooting at. all 3 of the ones i've shot at don't care how many times you shoot the same gun.

3. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Please tell me that two of the three aren't Target World on the New Albany Ohio, as I am planning on shooting those matches later this year. Not that it would make a difference as to why I was showing up to shoot, but I would have to be embarassed for them if they were so lame as to allow people to shoot the same gun multiple times *for score*.

My fav indoor range here in Louisville will allow you to shoot the same gun multiple times but only your first run is for score. Any runs that you shoot after that on the same day with the same gun are "for practice only."

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

springfield, deleware, and new albaney all let you shoot the same gun as many times as you wish or a differant gun, only your best score counts

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Target World let you shoot only once for score. You can shoot more than once, but it doesn't count. Why would I want to pay $11.00 a pop extra to practice? I can do that during the week. The range can actually make money on the GSSF glock shoot by letting people shoot what they want, as many times as they want and take the higest score. At Target World, each gun you shoot counts like a person. I saw one man take first, second and third places in a division because he shot three different guns.:freak:

6. matty9

matty9

The match I shot was in Springfield at Lauhorner. I don't shoot at Target World anymore because that place is a dump. They don't have range officers normally, and the range itself is crap. I shoot at a new range in Vandalia. They are trying to get GSSF indoor matches there. IMO there should be a set rule across the board as to how many times you can use the same gun for score.

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

my son lives in troy and shot at the vandalia range today. he called to tell me they just got the ok to have indoor GSSF match starting in june. i'll shoot there, but they need to make sure there are no conflicts with the other ohio indoor matches or some of us will have to pick one over the other. i sure hope they let you shoot red dot guns, i never get enough pratice with mine.

8. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

i sure hope they let you shoot red dot guns, i never get enough pratice with mine.

Ed you big kidder!
    You KNOW you don't need to practice with a reddot!
    Just slap one on and it'll guarantee you that big 5 double "o"

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

rikki my problem with the red dot gun is when i first bring it up finding the dot. i guess i could pratice dry firing at home and develope my skills at it, but what's the fun in that compared to shooting a match.

10. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Awww, I thought you were just kidding- about the reddot thing...
    I use a Big Propoint on my Open class '19- it's like a 45 mm.
    It's big enough that when I "recover" from the recoil and muscle memory brings the gun back that dot's usually in my fov...get a bigger dot...bigger is ALWAYS better...unless you're talking about a case of poison Ivy...bigger isn't better then...