GSSF Indoor Questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MI357, Dec 13, 2005.

1. MI357

MI357

I am thinking about shooting at 2 indoor league shoots in Michigan. The information online for the indoor shoots is not as detailed as the regular shoots.

1. Can you pre-register for the shoots?
    2. Are they the same $25 per division I shoot?
    3. Is there a $10 admin fee if not pre-registered?

Any additional info that anyone can provide would be great.

Thanks

2. cmzneb

cmzneb

Glock doesn't run the indoor shoots, they leave it up to the individual host ranges. Call the range that hosts the indoor GSSF matches there.

The only indoor I've been to was in Kansas. They charged $15 per class and there was no pre-registration.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shoot at two ranges and they both charge 15 for the first one and 11 for any extras. they use your best score on any one day to use for your 3 match average.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Ede, a 500 shooter I might add, is right. I shoot at the same two ranges who host GSSF indoor league competition. It is $15.00 for the first round, and $11.00 for any addtitional rounds you shoot. It goes for three months. They take your highest score for each month. You must shoot two out of three months and they will take the two higest scores from the three, or if you only shoot two, they'll average those scores. To be eligible for prizes you have to shoot in at least two matches. Remember, it is your highest scores on each day. If you shoot two 500s in one month and your higest score the next month is 490 and the third month you have 440, they will take your 500 and 490, the higest of the two out of three.

Also, you start in low ready and do the following.

D1 targets - Two targets, T-1 and T-2

12 ft. (sometimes at 15ft) 10 shots 15 seconds

25 ft. 10 shots 15 seconds

50 ft. 10 shots 15 seconds

Bring in T-1 target and post your T-2 target

75 ft. 10 shots 30 seconds
    (I know, don't worry, none of us can see the target, that's normal!)

25 ft. 5 shots 15 seconds

50 ft. 5 shots 15 seconds

Bring 'em in and get them scored. The "X" counts as 10, the circle around the center circle counts 10, the larger circle counts 8 and all the white area outside the circle counts 5 points.

You can use any gun as long as it is a Glock. It can be compensated, after market whatever, suped up, who cares as long as it is a Glock. Also, no red dots or lazer sights can be used. These contests are a lot of fun to enter and you meet new friends and see old ones. Usually, every time you enter you get entered in a raffle and the host range raffles of a Glock! Go for it.
    ;a ;g

5. cmzneb

cmzneb

The Indoor range that ran GSSF in KS actually did two classes. One for Glock with optical sights, one for steel sights.

From what I gather GSSF just has some basic guidelines to follow and then there is plenty of flexibility for the host range.

6. RTGAP

RTGAP

The way I understood the rules, I thought your first run for the day was your official score for that model. I was also told the rules for indoors (on the gssf website) are more like guidelines.

7. mleeber

mleeber

In my experience you can shoot 50 times with one gun and you get to post the best score.

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

there is a local range that only counts the first score you turn in, but not the 2 i shoot at, they use your best score.

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I agree with Ede. In Cincinnati, Ohio, at Targetworld, they would only let you shoot one gun, one time. In other words, if you shot your G17, G19 and say, G26. They would use your score for each gun as though you were three people. You could shoot each Glock you have one time. I have seen a man take first, second and third down there shooting three guns. However, I shoot in the same places ede shoots, and you can shoot as many times as you want. They take your highest for each month and take two out of the three. There is flexibility in the host ranges additions. I think it's a good idea that KS has two classes for optics and regular sights. That opens up some more competition.

10. mleeber

mleeber

Keep in mind the indoor stuff is not as "structured" as the outdoor. The Range has to buy the prize weapon and they get the profits from all entry fees. I think you guys have one range owner that is less worried about the $$ and more about preserving the integrity of the competition and another that only cares about $$$. I like the first guy better....

11. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

I am a regular GSSF indoor shooter at Target World. I have thought about shooting at New Albany and Black Wing, here in Ohio, but I have wondered if the drive to NA and BW would be worth it. I personally like the way the matches are ran at Target World. The only thing I have an issue with is if you get behind a shooter who has to have everything just perfect. What I mean is I have waited for up to 10 minutes between each different target distance next in line to 1 shooter while they let the target "settle in" and they felt like shooting that particular distance. I have had this experience once, nothing like waiting almost an hour for someone just to shoot 1 pistol, 50 rds. I found out what time this guy usually comes and make sure I don't go anywhere near the time this guy usually shoots.

12. RTGAP

RTGAP

I like the idea that you can shoot as many times as you like, but I think it makes for an unfair advantage over the ranges that you have to shoot "cold" or your one time and it's official. I do not expect to be a member of the 500 club, but would hope to be one some day. Do you really think it's an advantage to use the dot over open sights ? Isn't it still about the shooter ?

13. Terminator

Terminator

Strange indeed.
    Ive never participated in indoor events, but have thought about it. Im not sure how Sportshooters in Louisville does regarding how many attempts you can have with each gun before it counts as official.
    I must consult the Bluegrass Glockers

14. MI357

MI357

Well the first indoor set for 2006 is January 28th and then a different club on February 5th. I will post the setup of both of them for reference after I attend.

I am going to try to shoot at both of them even though they are both about 2 hours from my house in completely different directions. ;Q