GSSF Indoor question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by HQBrass, Aug 10, 2005.

1. HQBrass

HQBrass Glock Nut

As far as equipment, are the rules for indoor and outdoor the same?

Where can I find the rules for indoor matches?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

3. HQBrass

HQBrass Glock Nut

I've read those rules on GSSF (not an easy thing, those PDF's are not easily navigated) but they all seem to be geared for outdoors because it is based on classes and divisions and there are no classes or divisions in the indoor matches.

4. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Roger that HQBrass. GSSF and Glock should be really embarrassed at how utterly craptacular their respective websites are. A good website doesn't need to have a lot of flash animation and other geegaws, but it does need to be laid out correctly.

5. DannyR

I think there is only one class for stock Glocks at the indoor matches. The shooting stage is described in detail, total of 50 shots form varying distances, up to 25 yards. I'll see what I can find out. I used to have a complete description of the course of fire, but it is filed away somewhere in my storage shed.

6. HQBrass

HQBrass Glock Nut

I'm looking more at what can be done to the gun. What parts can be changed out and what after market parts are allowed. It almost looks like they are two different things because the GSSF Indoor results are only listed for the first three places.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

All the indoor matches have "NO" Classifications. If it's a Glock you can shoot it. The last one I shot I shot my 17,22,35 and 17L with the dot. You must shoot 2 of the 3 matches at a particular range to be in the drawing for a Glock, a few plaques and other promotional items. The indoor matches are "Nothing " like the outdoor matches. You are just shooting for fun and then the drawing after the 3rd match.

HQBrass; did you ever recieve my PM about GAP brass? I sent it about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing from you.

8. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Do you are right when you say,"the indoor matches are nothing like the outdoor matches"
    Indoors-
    You know when the shoot is over who won.
    Nobody fudges the rules on sights, butt plugs,or ss guide rods.
    The "group" gets to dinner quicker.
    No "target condoms".
    It's cheaper.
    As far as I know, any Glock is legal-any mods are legal too.
    I like indoor shooting and think it's gonna be the GSSF of the future.

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

not sure what the rules are but i've seen just about everything on a gun except optic or laser sights. course of fire is :
    target #1
    10 rounds 15 second 15 feet (i think)
    10 rounds 15 seconds 25 feet
    10 rounds 15 seconds 50 feet
    target #2
    10 rounds 75 feet 30 seconds
    5 rounds 25 feet 15 seconds
    5 rounds 50 feet 15 seconds

10. cmzneb

cmzneb

I shot the Indoor GSSF matches in Wichita KS this year and they ran two classes, one for stock guns and one for unlimited guns.

(BTW- the guys in Kansas were a great bunch!)

I will however say that I enjoy the outdoor matches much more myself though.

11. RTGAP

RTGAP

I have talked to a GSSF rep and was told the rules on sights: the use of red dot/optics are up to the ranges host But GSSF would like to see the usage of sights the same as the outdoor rules (example: am/civ rules) Hope this helps and contact your range host for the rules in your area.

12. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

The indoor matches don't have classifications, at least the ones in Ohio don't. Both at Blackwing (Delaware) and New Albany Shooting Range (New Albany) you shoot your Glock whether it is compensated or not. The only rules I know of are that a scope or red dot is prohibited. Ede was right on the distances and times. It is a timed event, whereas, outdoor matches you go at your own speed. The indoor matches are fun and challenging, so bring your Glock and shoot. The Lewis system is in place and the plaques are neat as well as winning a Glock windbreaker. Second and third places receive t-shirt and a hat. If you shoot at least two out of the three months, you are put in a drawing for a new Glock. The indoor games are really fun.;b ;b

Hope to see you there.

13. DannyR

To find the official info on-line, go to www.gssfonline.com and click on the "Indoor League" tab in the upper right area.

14. HQBrass

HQBrass Glock Nut

You may have seen me there I shoot both of those matches (usually early though).

I was wondering because I have a Carver/C-more mount and had heard on another board that they could use red-dots. I'm in the 490ish scoreing range now but I can't really see to well at 75ft and tend to throw shots.

15. Don At PC

It must be the Ranges call on whether or not you can use Red Dots. I shot 2 at Saraland, Alabama this spring and you could shoot whatever you wanted as long as it was a Glock.

16. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Ken,

At BlackwingSC and Naw Albany, red dots are not allowed at the Indoor matches (ask Vern at NASR). Someone had that question at the last match and was told no red dots or laser sights. You can use any type of iron sights, heine sights, night sights, fiber optic, but no scopes, red dots or laser sights. NASR has a match this weekend, Aug. 13th.

. . .Sharon;a ;a ;a

17. HQBrass

HQBrass Glock Nut

This is Randy

I will be at NASR bright and early tomorrow cause I have to get over to my table at the show.

18. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

Good post.
    It is up to whoever is hosting the match.
    Also, the person/persons who host the match has to buy the prizes from glock, (ie the gun giveaway, hats, shirts, ect).
    I am sure they get the gun at a good price but anything that is given away is bought by the host.
    Glock only supplies the items and sells them to the host.
    This is not a bad thing but i thought it was important for everyone to know.
    When i attended the louisville match, I thought that glock gave away the prizes but they do not.
    Remember that the small fee you are charged to shoot in the indoor match also helps the host pay for the prizes :)
    Plus you can shoot as many guns as you want to.
    A big thanks to julie and ray at sportshooters gun range in louisville KY for hosting the match and all the ro's for helping make everything possible :)

19. Don At PC

Im921;

Thanks. The indoor matches are fun but totally different from the outdoor matches. Haveing said that let me say that the folks at Steve's Gun Shop in Saraland Alabama are 1st Class folks. They hosted a fun match. It was safe and they mede every effort to ensure it was fun and safe for all who participated. If they host another set I will surely be there.

I totally appreciate all their efforts. Good folks and I would recommend visiting their shop.