close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Indoor Advice

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Adam5, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Adam5

Adam5

Saturday I'll be shooting in my first GSSF Indoor match and I need some advice. I have a G17 with 3 17 round mags. Is it better to shoot my first 3 distances with a different match for each then reload my mags for the rest, or to eject an empty and insert a full mag durring my 2nd and 4th distances? It seems to me that at 15 seconds per 10 rounds ejcecting an empty and inserting a full mag would take close to 1/3 of my time. Any advice from someone who's been there before would be appreciated.

Adam:banana:

2. Houngan

Houngan

Adam,

The ranges are separate strings, not composite. In other words, there is a break every 10, 10, 10, 5, and 5 rounds where you will be able to change mags, reload, etc. without using the real time.

My suggestion is this: Load 3 mags with 10 rounds each. That way you won't overshoot. On the fourth stage, take a minute and load two mags with 5 each, then finish the course.

H.

3. Adam5

Adam5

That's what I had in mind. I would rather concentrate on my aim than count the shots in each string.

4. cinergi

cinergi

I sure hope you meant to type 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, and 5 rounds. I know that I sure can use the extra 100 points, I wish, for the 4th 10 shot round at 75', the first shots fired on T2.

I'd load 10 each on T1 (3 times) and then 10, 5, and 5 on T2 (3 times).

Gonna also be at a GSSF match, in Ohio, this Saturday. Good luck from this end.

cinergi

5. Adam5

Adam5

Good luck to you too :thumbsup: