close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF in Louisiana???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by pangris, Apr 21, 2004.

1. pangris

pangris Moderator

I'm interested in GSSF but I rarely if ever see one within, say two or three hours of the Baton Rouge/Louisana area.

???

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The closest to you is Shreveport. With only 30 matches it's tough to be close to everyone. Several of us in Florida travel many miles to matches, it's only recently there's been a match closer than 4 hours to me. But it is a lot of fun. :)

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

pangris;

The 3 closest to you would be Shreveport, Dallas and San Antonio. Referr to www.gssfonline.com for the entire schedule.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Pangris,

Welcome to the GSSF Forum.

I drive 165 to 450 miles, one way, to reach GSSF matches. There is only one in my home State of Virginia, and it's 185 miles away. It's worth the drive.;)

5. pangris

pangris Moderator

Cheese and rice! It doens't look like much shooting goes on in them. I'm spoiled in that there is a kick arse USPSA match every month about 7 minutes from my house.

I'm going to be in San Antonio on 5/15, where I see a match... I may have my arm twisted enough to go.

Can you shoot more than one class? If I'm gonna shoot, I want to shoot a lot...

I don't see the class breakdowns on the sight, are they still there?

Thanks!

Paul

6. DannyR

Class breakdowns are there, you just have to hunt for them in "The Glock Report."

The GSSF outdoor match in San Antonio is in December.

7. pangris

pangris Moderator

I see an indoor match at SA in May. Does that count like a regular match? I'm in this for the free Glocks, and I have to shoot three matches to win or so I hear :)

8. cnemikeman

cnemikeman

You think I could smuggle in my Springfield XD and no one would notice? I'd love to shoot the match....but no Glock for me right now.........

:)

MiKeMaN

9. DannyR

Pangris,

You are viewing the Indoor League schedule. The 2004-2005 GSSF outdoor schedule has San Antonio listed for December 4-5.

MikeMaN,

The RO at your first stage would notice the Springfield, thereby causing you to waste $25.00 for membership and $25.00 for entry fee as well as any travel expense incurred.;1

10. cnemikeman

cnemikeman

Just kiddin' ya. :) I've been thinking of grabbing a Glock so I can shoot the matches.... and travel time is like 20 minutes. Maybe one of these days!

MiKeMaN

11. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Pangris,
    If you come & win a gun in your first match, I will be jealous. Remember if you are classed as a master in any other venue (uspsa,idpa, cowboy, whatever) you can't play in amateur civilian. Also, I don't think there are very many guns given away in the indoor matches, just the official outdoor ones. Come on out & blast away, it may be harder than you think :) Really, they are fun but in a much different way than an ipsc match & they are quite a challenge balancing accuracy with speed. Shreveport in the fall will be fun! Maybe we will see you there, MLM