close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF in Hawaii

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rocknglock, Oct 12, 2002.

1. rocknglock

rocknglock

Will the GSSF ever hold events in Hawaii? There are many Glock enthusiasts in the islands.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers from the Smyrna office, but I doubt that Gaston would approve the travel expense.

3. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

I'm all for it!:cool:
    Let's set it up for Dec. 14-15th THIS YEAR!
    The NRA is sending me to Honalulu those weeks, Charleton didn't seem to mind the expense.;)

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dan;

I will be happy to carry your bags. I have not been to Hawaii since my R&R from Viet-nam.

5. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Count me in!

6. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

GSSF doesn't sound feasable but I can't see why you couldn't do a GlockTalk fun shoot(open to all Glock enthusiasts of course). You could run it like a GSSF event. With enough notice you may get a lot of folks over from the mainland. I'll be there in June 03 for a couple of weeks. Let me know

7. Comrade Bork

Comrade Bork

Several years ago at the Atlanta GSSF match I talked to a GSSF employee whom I have not seen in recent years. I think his name was "Dave" or "Don" or something like that. I don't recall how we got on the subject, but IIRC he said that back in the early or mid 1990's GSSF had actually scheduled a match in Hawaii. If I also RC correctly it was NOT going to be on Oahu where most of the people are, which may have been part of the problem. They bought the airline tickets for their people and everything. Unfortunately, on the Monday before they were to fly out they had less than 20 match registrations in hand, so they had to cancel it at the last minute "due to lack of interest". Who knows; maybe GSSF would still be willing to schedule one on Oahu or the Big Island if they got a serious proposal from a local club with the facility, equipment, and personnel to sucessfully pull it off, and could draw enought entries to make it pay. :cool: