close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Gun Winners

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by hickok45, Nov 21, 2002.

1. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Those who have won guns in GSSF matches, what's been the time frame on receiving your gun after mailing in the order? The literature says to expect 8 weeks or so - was wondering what YOUR experience was.

I mailed mine yesterday and don't expect to see anything before January winds down, but it sure would be great if by some miracle it made it in town before Santa comes around! :)

Thanks,
    Greg K.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Got mine in about 6 weeks. It really all depends on what you ordered and what is currently in stock. What took me 6 weeks may only take you 2 weeks if they happen to have what you ordered available. You can't tell much about other peoples response time since you don't know what they ordered or what was available at that time.

Sorry I can't give a better answer.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The quickest was a week, a rare thing. The longest was over nine weeks. It's all according to what you picked out and what they have in stock. It was a 35 that took so long.

4. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I send in two cirtificates at the same time, in the same envelope. One arrived almost exactly a month later. The other took two and a half months.

Like others have said, it depends on the model you order.

5. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I've sent enough certificates to order at least 1 of each model. The quickest was 2 weeks, longest was about 3 months. I don't remember which one that was but I do remember that Smyrna did not have one and had to wait for Austria to send a bunch over. That too can have a bearing on the delivery, depending on what they are geared up to make at the time and what you requested.
    Glock does their very best to get you your gun as quick as possible though.

6. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Me too! My quickest was two weeks. The longest was exactly twelve weeks. It just depends on what is in stock.

7. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Interesting. I didn't figure there was any chance at all that it would take less than a month. Guess I'd better alert my gun shop to watch out for it at any time.

By the way, I suppose they arrive with sufficient paperwork that the dealer whose FFL I'm using won't confuse it with one of their regular orders and sell it to some other poor schmo! After all, Glocks are not all that unique, even a G29!

Thanks for the input.

Greg K.

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Don't count on it. At least one dealer has sold the "prize" Glock they were to handle the paperwork on. I would make sure they are expecting it and DO read the paperwork that comes with the pistol. Good luck and enjoy your new toy. :)

9. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

I won a certificate in August, got the cert the end of September, mailed it the day I got it, got my glock about 5 weeks later. This was for a 30 btw. It all depends on what they have in stock, and how busy they are with sending orders out.