close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF/Glock pistol clinic

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GLW, Aug 24, 2006.

1. GLW

GLW

Please join me on September 23 for a full day clinic focusing on GSSF competition and Glock shooting. The clinic will be held at the Bluegrass Sportsmans Range in Wilmore, KY. We will be using the ranges where the annual Lexington GSSF match is held.

While geared toward GSSF competitors wishing to improve their performance at matches, I encourage everyone interested in GSSF competition, whether you have participated in matches or not, to attend. This will serve as an excellent introduction to the benefits of organized competitive shooting.

Course content will cover most aspects of match preparation including safety, rules, scoring, equipment, etc. We will progress to helpful techniques and strategies for each of the GSSF courses of fire.

The day will be a combination of range exercises and in depth discussions which should interest shooters of all skill levels. We will develope practice programs to help you hone your skills as well as discuss ways to overcome those pesky match gitters.

Cost of the program will be $50.00 with an additional range fee of $10.00 for non-BGSL members.

This is a tentative announcement as I am awaiting final approval from the club officers but I wanted to let you know asap so you could reserve that day on your busy schedules. This is the weekend before the Conyers GSSF match and plenty of time before the big event in Lexington. Come out and join the fun and get an edge on the competition! Watch for updates and I look forward to seeing you on the range! Grady

2. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

Are you planning to set up some of the new GSSF variations of 5tG and GM?

:headscratch: :angel:

3. GLW

GLW

You bet! As well as paper options vs. steel. We'll discuss common pitfalls, target engagement order, etc. We'll work on things like cadence, presentation and target acquisition for individual target arrays. Basics like grip, stance and trigger control will also be worked on but with an emphasis on why some techniques are more effective than others in the world of practical shooting.

Shooting a 40 second match does not require superhuman abilities or magic bullets or secret modifications to your gun. It simply takes consistant application of basic techniques that, given time, most dedicated competitors will discover on their own. What I'm offering is an opportunity to accelerate that process. You can avoid the time lost through trial and error.

Don't expect to shoot a 40 second match after this course either!! It takes time to realize the benefits of change. But with practice, I feel very confident that most shooters will enjoy the satisfaction of seeing themselves improve.

I hope to see you there!

Grady

4. MiCPL

MiCPL www.micpl.net

Man.. I wish you were in michigan

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

grady you need to take it on the road, anywhere with a range and a near by airport.

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Yupper....I'd go...the 6-1/2 to Wilmore is not too far just the timing considering that I have a Grand Daughter's birthday and prep for the next weekend ....:supergrin:

7. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Hey, Grady. Where do we go to sign up? This sounds like just what I need. I'd love to attend but need to know officially. You mentioned that it is a tentative announcement. When will it be official? September 23 is sneaking up on us quickly and I'm trying to make sure I can make it. Already got something else knocking at the door.

8. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

I assume its just show up and sign up but just in case......
    where do i sign up :)

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The BGSL Board has approved this class, so it is now official. GLW can arrange the sign-up and payment however he wants.

10. GLW

GLW

OK!! We are a go!!!

Response has been quite good already. I want to keep the group to a managable size for everyone's benefit, so I ask that you please pm me with your email address. I will then email you with a short registration questionaire that you can email back to me. This will include information about what to bring and directions to the range. Come ready to do some shooting!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

11. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

Good luck Grady,

I think that your clinic is a great idea to educate shooters about GSSF and Glocks in competition. If I was available that weekend, I'd fly to Kentucky to assist where needed. My experiences in the past, when conducting clinics like this, have rewarded me with as many tactics as I shared with the class. I know that you will have fun. We will all look forward to hearing about your class.

Best regards,
    Bobby

12. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

13. GLW

GLW

I just got back from shooting the Anderson, S.C. match with some of the new course variations. This was my first opportunity to try them in match conditions. I have a lot of ideas for our upcoming clinic based on what I saw that I want to share with you. I also had the privilege of discussing ideas with our team captain, Bobby Carver. He has much interesting insight into the sport that I will pass along. I'm looking forward to working with those of you who have signed up already and encourage others who are interested to join us. See you in two weeks on Sept 23rd in Lexington!

14. Terminator

Terminator

Id give my left hand to be there Grady, but i have to work as usual.
    Im sure the ones that do make it will gain a wealth of knowledge :)

15. GLW

GLW

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it David. We will miss you. Thanks for the kind words and I hope I see you in Conyers.

16. GLW

GLW

Tomorrow is the day we will be meeting in Lexington for our GSSF/Glock shooting clinic. There is still room for anyone interested in attending. We will be getting started at 9:30am rain or shine. Come and join in the fun!

17. Turak

Turak

Another one for wishing this was also going on up here in Michigan...

18. glockguy609

glockguy609 A self portrait

Thanks Grady!

Just got back from the class, definately worth every penny and then some! Now if I can just get all that to stick somewhere in my thick head and work with it.....
    Seriously I will be looking forward to practicing what you showed us and also any future classes, you realy know your stuff and present it in a easy to follow format.

19. KYgundoc

KYgundoc

The GSSF class was a go today and it started out a bit wet but the weather changed from rain to sun to windy to rain at the end but that did not keep Grady from imparting his wisdom out to class. We all started with basics and then he worked on all our weaknesses and to enhance the strengths that we were using the wrong way. If you get a chance to take a class with Grady you will not be sorry. I think even a master class shooter could gain from his insights into the mental preparation for a match and his take on how to practice for a GSSF match.
    Thanks Grady great class.

20. Berretta9

Berretta9

Gotta agree with the other two. It was great to see several of the techniques that Grady uses as well as the strategies and mental
    aspects. Getting to shoot the actual stages then seeing what you did wrong was priceless. I'd do it again. Thanks Grady. I also have to say the road trip with my shooting buds was a hoot. You can't believe the junk food wrappers in the van