close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Glock 34/35 versus store purchased

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JoeInKS, Mar 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

Post removed by me due to interpretation concerns.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I have adjustable sights on my 17L and fixed sights on my 34's and 35. You are not missing anything by getting fixed sights.

Also, you are getting a genuine glock through the GSSF program; so buy away!

3. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

I bought one of those 'down-graded' G34s and replaced the fixed sights with AmeriGlo fixed sights. Looking at the standard Glock adjustable sights on the 'normal' models (not G34s, as I haven't seen a non-LEO one for sale at any of the shops or shows lately), I would have done the same - so I was still out ahead of the deal.

You could probably even do a WTB on the trader and pick up a set of Glock adjustable sights for cheap, if that is what floats your boat.

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I think it is just like the rest of the Glocks. You can get them fixed, adjustable, or night sights for additional cost.

My G35 came with the standard sights and I bought it before I joined GSSF so it was just straight retail.

5. njl

njl Crusty Member

AFAIK, GSSF member discount pistols are typically pulled from stock that would otherwise be sold to law enforcement. It's entirely possible that the G34s and G35s produced for law enforcement come only with fixed sights and 5lb connectors. I wouldn't call them downgraded...it's just the way they are. On the plus side, you'll probably get 3 mags instead of 2. For the cost of the 3rd mag, you could probably buy a Glock adjustable rear sight (I wouldn't bother) or a Glock brand 3.5lb connector (spend your money on this).

True...if you have to pay shipping and transfer fees because you're not close enough to a participating dealer, the program loses some of its allure, You can't blame GSSF for that though.

Lots of us were GSSF members before there were GSSF member discounts on pistols. I hope GSSF doesn't reconsider and end the GSSF member discount program due to all the sour grapes and "where's my membership card and cert" commotion it seems to be causing.

6. JoeInKS

JoeInKS

I agree fully. My point wasn't that the opportunity presented for purchasing a pistol at any reduced rate is a bad thing but more just to mention that in the particular case of the 34 / 35 there is a little less of an advantage. Nonetheless, this opportunity to purchase such good pistols, not available from any other manufacturer to the best of my knowledge, is a terrific thing and I for one keep even more interested in Glock products as a result.

The discount and the fact that you are presented with additional venues to have fun with a hobby that you enjoy are terrific. I also hope that people understand that what they have can be taken away if under appreciated.

Thank you Glock. Thank you GSSF.

7. WDEagle

WDEagle

Hope that helps explain things a little better.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010