close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Front Sight Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Vanek Custom, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Vanek Custom

Vanek Custom

I'm thinking of shooting my first GSSF match in Hallsville and want to know if it's legal to use a Dawson fiber optic front sight without the FO element in AM/Civ class or is it up to the officials at the match?

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Gunner,

I am not familiar with the FO element but fiber optic sights are only allowed in the UL/Master class.
    If the FO element is some type of solid black insert or something along those lines, you MAY, be allowed to shoot it in AM/CIV. Check with the Glock Rep. before doing so to prevent any disqualification at the match.

3. Vanek Custom

Vanek Custom

When the fiber optic element is removed it is a standard notch and post sight,but hoping to find out before I make the trip.

I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything.

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you can convert it to notch and post by removing the fiber optic element, then it will satisfy the requirements for stock.

5. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Ditto to DannyR. I specifically asked Scott Gilbertson during the RO debrief in Statesville this weekend because we had a shooter with one. He said if the fiber optic can be removed, fine. Or you could put something on it to do away with the 'competitive advantage' (such as sight black or white out or something else that can be at least somewhat easy to remove) and return the sight picture to a notch and post, it would be legal.

6. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Good answer GSSF.

Being able to simple use some sight black will save shooters quite a bit of head-ache (changing out the front sight).

:cool: