close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF event in Michigan yesterday.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lbm, Sep 17, 2006.

1. lbm

lbm

I shot in my first GSSF event yesterday and did absolutley terrible!

Shot the plates section first and was so nervous that I missed about every other plate and took forever to finish. Had never seen the targets before, hadn't shot outside, let alone in front of several people. Calmed down somewhat by the time I shot the M section but was still nervous and my problems were compounded by a weak round, shocking that it wasn't something I did, that caused my G17 to not cycle. The guy's from the Livingston Gun Club had a brief discussion and allowed me to reshoot the station. Hustled off to the car, got more ammo, hustled back, since I'm a senior shooter my heart was pumping but I was allowed to reshoot the stage. Thanks guy's!

While I'm sure I will place last in my class I loved it! Everyone was great! The Glock person, from Milwaukee, was great and looked over my G17. I had cleaned it the day prior with a cleaner mentioned hear, but being such a new shooter I didn't shake it up enough and basiclly soaked the gun in oil. The man from Glock told me to blast it out with my air compresser, which I now have done, but even in the condition that I had it in my Glock shot great.

I had a Wilson combat sight on it when I shot but have now gone back to the Trijcon front and rear sights. My problem isn't equipment but rather nerves, new to the targets, distances, several people watching, beeping timers, and just being too excited. Wilson sights are great I just stink!

Met a couple of very nice guy's, one from Western Michigan, South Kent Club, and another from the Racoon Hunters in Romulus. Learned a lot. Watched a young man shoot the plates in 3.xx seconds, three times! Loved the entire day!

Thanks Glock, the GSSF, and the Livingston Gun Club!

I'll be back next year, but you can bet that I will be practicing a lot before I return.
    lbm

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

don't wait till next year. lexington is in october and it isn't far from MI.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

+1 Lexington is a match worth making; hope to be there again this year.

:supergrin:

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

+ 2 & 3 My son-in-law and I will be there and we are driving in from the Florida Pan Handle. We will be flying to the Lubbock, TX the weekend prior to Lexington for a match.