GSSF Delays

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Folks,

You have to take time out and walk in the shoes of the GSSF Staff to fully appreciate the efforts they make in providing us our favorite shooting sport. GSSF's pistol purchase program and armorer's class eligibility has caused an unbelievable explosion in membership applications. Thirty-eight regional matches has stretched the staff to the maximum. Two-match weekends are becoming a norm instead of an exception. Scott is out in Lexington, KY and Cindy is in Tuscon, AZ as I write.

Yes, there is a backlog on mailing membership packets. Yes, there is a backlog on shipping RO packets. Yes, there is a backlog on ordering team plaques. No one at GSSF is sitting around playing computer games. They are all busting their butts trying to get caught up. If I lived closer to Smyrna, I'd volunteer my time to help with the mailings.

What I ask of you, as responsible GSSF members, is to exercise patience. Please try to be patient in waiting for prelims, finals, prizes, membership packets. Every time you call, E-mail or FAX GSSF it just slows things down even more.

I shot my first GSSF match at Richmond, VA in May 1999. Back then there were no prelims or internet results. I shot my second match at Statesville, NC in September 1999 before I ever received my Richmond final results in the mail, and GSSF only had 24 matches that year.

I am as eager to see final results, all final results, and am as eager to receive any prizes randomly awarded as anyone else in the USA. I have learned to be patient because I have seen the GSSF workload firsthand and have the greatest respect for every GSSF Staff member, no exceptions.

By the way, the September 2010 Conyers match may have been the largest pistol match of any type, ever, in the USA, with 744 entries and GSSF got the prelims posted in record time. Now if finals take more than 30 days, you now know why, so please be patient.

If you feel you need to blame someone, blame me, as I have started promoting the GSSF Indoor Series on a Regional basis in Virginia, adding to GSSF's overload.

Thank you for reading this and have a great week!:wavey:

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Then I want to blame you for not opening an indoor range down here and sponsoring an indoor match.
    Oh, and do you know when the Conyers Finals will post :whistling::supergrin:

3. DannyR

Yes, I know when the Conyers Finals will post.:supergrin:

If my daughter relocates to Hunstville I'll direct some effort in that area.:cool:

4. ede

ede

Huntsville isn't anywhere close to here. Danny you're going to have to better than that.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

There is an indoor range sitting vacant in Saraland. hint hint wink wink

6. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

At least no one can blame Bush for this!!!!:rofl:

7. Airsprint

Airsprint G-19C

I got a question for anyone who may know the answer to save GSSF some time, actually two of them...

1) IS this ( http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/RegForm_fillin.pdf ) the correct form to fill out and email to them for a new membership?

2) IF I do fill this out and email it to them is there anyway I will be able to participate in the OCT 30th Match coming up in Albany Oregon if they don't process it in time?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  8. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Airsprint,

Answers to your questions:
    1. Yes, you can use that from.

2. You could do that, or better yet fill out that form and print it out and take it directly to the match in Albany. When there take it to the registration desk and you will be able to join GSSF and shoot the match all at once.

I hope that helps you out.

Roadkill_751

9. Airsprint

Airsprint G-19C

Awesome thanks for the info

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yup, but I'd fill it out to both register for the match and to join GSSF, and fax it to them before Wednesday to save $10 for pre-registering. It gives the added benefit of not having to wait in line to get your match labels printed out at the match....they'll have them all ready to go for you when you get there.

Be sure to read the new shooter briefing on the GSSF website http://www.gssfonline.com/regforms/new_comp_brief.pdf before going to the match too! And if you can bring four magazines for each gun you plan to shoot, do it! It's MUCH better than having to reload mags while on the firing line.

11. Airsprint

Airsprint G-19C

If I dont have access to a fax machine I can email it also right? the website lists that as an option I thought.

12. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

You'd have to print it out, then scan it back in to do an email? You can't "save" the PDF stuff to disk, unfortunately.

But yeah... if you have a scanner I guess that would work.

13. Airsprint

Airsprint G-19C

14. jdh31313

jdh31313

The Conyers match finals will post next as all matches prior to Conyers have had their final results posted.

15. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

I fully understand the human element and there only being so much time in a day. Perhaps it would speed things along if Glock would adopt a web based system for memberships and registrations. Same goes for parts orders. Right now, it all operates on the best technology the 1980s had to offer.

16. Dingus

Dingus

Let us not stray off the subject by introducing parts orders.

17. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Not straying off the topic. I tied it back into the entire theme of they could embrace technology across the board to improve customer service; GSSF especially included.

18. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

As a newer member to GSSF and a recently certified armorer, I really appreciate what GSSF has not only done for the sport but also the Glock pistol. In this fast paced world, it is almost expected to have everything right away and the increase on cycle times and productivity is the norm in business.

As a former Philly native myself, you think some of the indoor ranges in the area would sponsor a match???

19. DannyR

pag23, E-mail sent.

20. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Yeah.... I'm surprised GSSF hasn't incorporated a web interface for registrations and such. Seems like it might make things move faster.

However... they probably don't have someone in house to develop the site, and it wouldn't be cheap to have it done.