close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Commerative gun

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by misunderestimated, Aug 27, 2011.

1. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

2. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

I do have to say the engraving looks real cool

If I ever win a gun,I am going to pay extra to have them engrave GSSF and the event name on the gun

3. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

The 25 year anniversary model Gen 4 G17 has been out for some time now. I have not heard of the GSSF putting out a special issue.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

In 2001 the GSSF Commerative gun was first shown at the Conyers match and they gave out order forms. My guess is that will happen this year!:dunno:

Dan:cool:

5. SARDG

SARDG

"Them" who Larry. The pistol certificates are for bare-bones Glocks. You cannot request any frills, not even night sights, no matter if you want to pay extra for them or not. In part, the cert says ""Please see your local Glock Stocking Dealer to have any such features retrofitted to your award firearm."

No RTF2 frames, no OD fraames, no nuttin'! Only the G34 and G35 come standard with extras; 4.5#, extended controls, adj sight.

There are of course 'up-charges' for Gen 4s AND anything above the basic 17, 19, 22, 23, etc.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

In September 2001, GSSF started taking orders for the "GSSF" G17. The pistols were delivered in December/January. The original 500 went so fast that GSSF had to order a second 500 pistols. The first 500 were 2-pin models, the second 500 were 3-pin models.

I conducted a poll here about a year ago and the consensus was for a Gen4 G17 with stock sights. Perhaps GSSF will start taking orders at Conyers again.

There may be some news about it in the upcoming Glock Report.

7. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

I misunderstood I aquired a a brochure at the Jackson event,its called the "Glock Buyers guide Professional Edition" and on page 24 it says

Give your weapon a personal touch and show your passion for firearms with valuable engravings. Our team of prize winning engravers will meet your every request. Simple name engravings and/or official coats of arms of your law enfourcement agency are avaialable at fixed prices. From unusual request to artistic golden ornamental engravings, we will gladly funish you with a custom quote.

So I thought I could just pay extra to have the gun engraved. I figured if I cant get a t shirt to remeber the event. I figured I would get a gun engraved
    How much fun would it be to have an engraved pistol.

Thats why I thought I could get it engraved

8. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

So I have some award money burning a hole in my pocket.

Me and my son agreed we would pool our award money (if we got any) and purchase a 17C

All of a sudden I see allot of new 17L'S for sale so we kinda changed direction and decided we were going to get a Long slide

Now I think we will wait till the end of September in hopes they do a commemorative pistol.

That will be the Pistol we purchase with our award moneys we have acquired this year .

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Now I am really curious. Who does it say to contact to get a quote for the engraving? The only Glock published magazines I am aware of are "The Glock Annual" it has a Black and Silver Cover and "The Glock Report" that comes out 2 or 3 times a year but neither of them has the info you mentioned on page 24. So I don't believe that is a Glock document. I would be interested to learn more as I am not claiming to know everything.

Don

10. SARDG

SARDG

Remember that 17Cs and 17Ls have a more limited legal use in GSSF - but if I didn't have a 17L, I'd certainly get one this time around.

11. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Its definitely a Glock Brochure

Front cover

[​IMG]
    Page 24

[​IMG]

12. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Glock says that but.... :whistling:

If you notice the picture in the brochure, it is one of the 10 or so fully engraved with Gold Inlay pistols Glock had done and that didn't sell worth didly, because they wanted like $5000 apiece for them. (They were engraved before the Tennifer or phosphate coating was applied by engravers in Germany/Austria.) Naturally, no one is spending that kind of cash for a Glock. (Glocks are tools, not artwork - the biggest Glock admirers ever agree with this comment....)

Back when I was checking on getting a commemorative made, it was the law enforcement division of Glock which handled the engravings, because they were set up to do badge/shoulder-patch artwork for the police agencies which ordered that type of marking. For Police agencies, Glock charged $25/pistol for the markings, and the agency could order direct through Glock. For other entities the price may have been different, and the pistols have to be ordered through a distributor (who probably added some of his own mark-up).

If Glock will do a "one-off" pistol with your own personalization, I have no idea. I kind-of doubt it, unless there's serious money attached, hence the gold-inlay versions...

13. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Danny,
    Would you be sure to let us know if you hear about them making one? :wavey:

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If I learn any news, it will be on 9/24/11.

15. mike g35

mike g35

Keep us updated Danny. I would definitely try to get my hands on one of the GSSF models but the custom engraving done by Glock I'm not so sure about. I might get it done if I won a match but that probably isn't gonna happen for a while so why worry about it yet. I know some of you are on your way to becoming masters or you already are. If I was going to get my Glock engraved with a date and match to remember it would be the date I became a master. But I would get it done to the gun that got me to master not a gun I won. Just a thought for you masters and masters to be out there. Obviously I will probably be waiting a LONG time for my engraved Glock.:supergrin:

16. 1RoundEye

1RoundEye

Did anyone notice the serial number? If they offered one this year, I'd probably jump on it.

Something must have changed as this is not true. I won a pistol at a match not too long ago, the certificate allowed you to add night sights, a compensated model, Gen-4, 34/35, or Major Sub pistol for an additional cost.

The only 100% Free models were the standard Glocks (9mm, .40, and .357 Sig) in standard, compact, or subcompact flavor.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  17. SARDG

SARDG

The cert's here in front of me - been sitting on it for about 3 weeks. Only gun I've ever won so can't speak for former policy...

Yes, as I suggested originally, any 'C' models, any Gen 4s, large frames, and 34s and 35s are all available. Any basic and stripped whole gun model except the 17L or 24 is available. Not all the Gen 4s are printed as being available because the form is old - but GSSF has basically said to go ahead and write in any currently available Gen 4, and apply the Gen 4 upcharge (in addition to any othe model upcharge).

The top descriptive paragraph on the form (in whole) says:
    "NOTE: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BELOW FOR THE G-34-35 MODELS, NEITHER NIGHT SIGHTS, OTHER TRIGGER OPTIONS, NOR ANY OTHER FEATURES NOT SPECIFICALLY DETAILED BELOW ARE AVAILABLE AS FACTORY INSTALLED ITEMS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THESE AWARD FIREARMS. PLEASE SEE YOUR LOCAL GLOCK STOCKING DEALER TO HAVE ANY SUCH FEATURES RETROFITTED TO YOUR AWARD FIREARM."
    (I'm not yelling - it's all in caps.)

Below, in every pistol model 'paragraph', Glock has "Fixed Sight" - except the Model 34-35 paragraph which says "Adjustable Sight". No option to add (or change to) anything else.

I suspect Glock/GSSF is trying to streamline the process.