Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it usually take to receive the GSSF certificate for a new GLOCK after submitting an email request?

My mail person must have been a quota hire because I receive only about 95% of my mail at my house - everyone else within a two block radius gets the other 5%. I am not sure what the probability is that is has been mailed yet.

Thanks in advance,
Dan in ABQ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
from a week to 6 weeks before its mailed. gssf is a small, very small division within glock. I think only 4 people in the whole thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,421 Posts
mine took just a few days after i ask for it, your results may vary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
How long does it usually take to receive the GSSF certificate for a new GLOCK after submitting an email request?

My mail person must have been a quota hire because I receive only about 95% of my mail at my house - everyone else within a two block radius gets the other 5%. I am not sure what the probability is that is has been mailed yet.

Thanks in advance,
Dan in ABQ
You must be a quota customer (not so bright). Your mail person reads GlockTalk and your certificate just went in the dumpster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
How long does it usually take to receive the GSSF certificate for a new GLOCK after submitting an email request?

My mail person must have been a quota hire because I receive only about 95% of my mail at my house - everyone else within a two block radius gets the other 5%. I am not sure what the probability is that is has been mailed yet.

Thanks in advance,
Dan in ABQ
GSSF is short handed at this time and the others are trying to run matches and get the scores posted for the completed matches. You can dropped them an e-mail at [email protected] and inquire about your certificate.

Dan:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can tease me about my mail delivery all you want. But it really is so bad that I have had to go almost entirely to on-line bill paying. The first payment on my new house took two months to arrive at it's address. I had to wire them money to cover my first payment.

Way to go, USPS. I pay about thirty bills a month, two of them via USPS now. Those two are companies that do not have e-pay capability. I even have those companies that the capability email me my bills. That's 11.00+ a month the USPS is not getting from me. And then there is the missed postage for the bills emailed to me.

The post office is putting itself out of business by being so unreliable. I hope they can make it on third-class mail. I like the post office. I prefer to have hard-copy. But I can't deal with the reliability issues they have.

Dan in ABQ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,100 Posts
call your congressman's office and tell them about your mail delivery problems.

Let them contact the post office for you.

You may be amazed at the difference it will make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I just saw a story on the news this morning about how efficient the post office is and that the .42 cent stamp is a deal! An employee also said that if a letter does not "get there" in 3-4 days, some one has to answer to the higher ups. Would have been an interesting story if they had interviewed someone who uses the postal service instead of someone who works for the post office. I got my certificate in about three weeks and was just glad it got to me!
 

·
you son of a
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
What is a GSSF certificate? I know what GSSF is.
Go to gssfonline.com, about haflway down the page it explains the pistol discount program for GSSF members. You can get a certificate good for the LE price, redeemable at any LE dealer. It is by far the best deal around!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
You apparently have to use Internet Explorer to see that stuff. It won't work with Firefox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
I've gone to www.gssfonline.com and searched for their list of participating distributors for GSSF Pistol Purchase Program, but I seem unable to find the link. Can someone provide me with the link or list? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,421 Posts
gary in ohio it's vances in columbus and atwells closer to cleveland.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It came today. I should be able to pick up a new piece to shoot at my first GSSF competition held on Jul 17th!! I am a thrilled and extremely happy camper.

Also, when I called the indoor range late last month where this event is going to be held, they didn't have the information yet. I left my number and they called back today to tell me the when, where and the cost etc. I am throughly impressed with the people who GSSF does business with here. I seriously expected to be blown off. I'm not used to this kind of treatment, competence or attention to detail and the customer here in Albuquerque, NM.

Thanks for the call-back, Calibers Indoor Shooting Range. I'll be there with bells on.

And thank you, GSSF.

Dan in ABQ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
gary in ohio it's vances in columbus and atwells closer to cleveland.
Thanks, I get up to Vances now and then and will be there later this month for the last GSSF Match at New Albany. My Retired LE Discount might get me a better deal with three mags. I'll wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,421 Posts
the GSSF deal is a LE discount. if you get the LE discount you won't gain anything by going the GSSF route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Go to gssfonline.com, about haflway down the page it explains the pistol discount program for GSSF members. You can get a certificate good for the LE price, redeemable at any LE dealer. It is by far the best deal around!
I got my GSSF certificate this week added up the cost $35 menbership $398 gun $15 shipping 10% tax plus tranfer fee and gas to drive 90 miles one way ..... makes it no longer a deal. I pay less if I buy from my FFL.
Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,421 Posts
there's no shipping and i've never heard of any one being charged a transfer fee for a gun they bought from the one doing the transfer. if my dealer charged me a transfer fee i'd find another dealer. you have 10% sales tax? i thought it was bad here but 10% really sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
there's no shipping and i've never heard of any one being charged a transfer fee for a gun they bought from the one doing the transfer. if my dealer charged me a transfer fee i'd find another dealer. you have 10% sales tax? i thought it was bad here but 10% really sucks.
You are right about the shipping
Keith
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top