close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF approved mods for stock guns (Am/Civ Class)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Got_Glocks, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Got_Glocks

Got_Glocks

I saw the thread for GSSF approved sights, and I'm glad that I'll get by with my 3.5# connector, but I am curious about other mods.

Can I use a different guide rod?
    Can I use my Bo Mar Barrel?
    What about an extended mag release?

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have. I'm looking forward to the Dallas match this spring!

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

For AmCiv questions:
    Guide rod & Recoil spring must be stock Glock for the Glock you are shooting
    Barrel must be stock Glock for the Glock you are shooting
    Extended mag release-- yes if its a Glock extended mag release

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You need stock guide rods and barrels. If the extended mag release is a Glock item it's acceptable.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

You can use Bo Mar sights but you cannot use a Bar-Sto or any other aftermarket barrel.

Basically you can use any factory parts. The only non factory parts allowed are basepads (no advantage) grip tape and certain sights.

5. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Guys I have what appears to be a stock glock barrel but it has been chrome plated. Is that OK?

6. Got_Glocks

Got_Glocks

Thanks for the quick answers! I'm going to be shooting in the Dallas GSSF meet. It's my first competition since I was a kid at the local turkey shoots. I guess if I can still hit quarters at 11 yards, I'll do halfway decent. Now, if nyone can tell me of any good gun clubs in the DFW Metroplex area for GSSF type practice, that would be wonderful. The rangerange I shoot at doesn't have any of the kinds of facilities needed, and they get nervous whenever they hear anyone "rapid firing" I can't even get of a decent double tap without getting looks from the RO!
    Thanks again all

7. Don At PC

Are you sure it is a stock Glock barrel? If it is on the side at the ejection port it should have the serial number and the Glock logo engraved in it, if not then it probably is an aftermarket barrel and is not allowed in AmCiv. Can't imagine why anyone would want to chrome the stock Glock barrel and nothing else.

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

FYI

You may use "Hogue Grip"-type sleeves and you may apply “A-Grip” panels, "Skateboard tape" or other grip-enhancing materials that do not materially alter the function of the Stock firearm.

You may remove the black phosphate ("Parkerized") finish on the slide.

You may remove the black phosphate finish on the slide and refinish with another process (including, but not limited to, electroless nickel, NP3, chrome and so forth).

You may use Pearce Grip, Inc. grip extenders only on G26, G27, G29, G30, G33 and G36 magazines (this does not include the use of other similar brands of grip extenders or "magazine sleeves" as discussed further below).

You may use aftermarket replacement non-metallic (usually colored polymer) base plates on magazines, provided that they (a) do not provide any sort of competitive advantage and/or (b) do not induce malfunctions that slow the conduct of the match.

You may use any GLOCK-manufactured magazine compatible with your firearm. For example, a G26 may use G17 or G19 magazines. A G27 may use G22 or G23 magazines, and so forth. However, you should function test-fire the firearm/magazine combination you use before a match to ensure your individual grip on the firearm/magazine combination does not result in malfunctions (again, if such longer magazines are used they must be used alone and not in combination with a "grip sleeve").

You may use aftermarket sights that offer a "Patridge" (that is, square/rectangular front post and square/rectangular rear sight notch) sight picture similar to the sight picture characteristic of sights offered by GLOCK, Inc. that do not (in the sole opinion of GSSF) provide a significant competitive advantage advantage and provided further, that their installation does not require milling or other dimensional changes to the slide (no “buried Bo-Mars” or similar installations).

The luminous nature of fiber optic sights constitute an unfair competitive advantage and may only be used if the light-gathering feature is removed or defeated. You may therefore use “light gathering” fiber optic types of sights ONLY IF the optical fibers are removed or are taped or painted over with removable (suggested; water based “Tempera” type black) paint or another covering that defeats the light-gathering nature of the sight, so that the actual sight picture from the shooter’s perspective is that of a standard, non-luminous, “Patridge”-type sight picture.

You may also use other brands of Tritium-activated night sights similar to the Trijicon and Meprolight night sights offered by GLOCK, Inc that offer a Patridge- type sight picture.

You may use any combination of GLOCK-produced firearms parts that do not result in a significant competitive advantage in the “Amateur” categories and are, in the sole opinion of the match Armorer, safe to utilize; such as the use of a .40 Auto GLOCK G-22 barrel in a GLOCK Model G-31. .

9. Don At PC

Thanks, Jerry; That says it all, right straight out of the Glock report as found at www.gssfonline.com.

10. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Now I know why I hang around you guys ;f ;f ;f for compleat rules go to www.gssfonline.com

11. Got_Glocks

Got_Glocks

Thanks Jerry and Sniper. Is it just me, or it it a little difficult to get through all of the legalese on the GSSF site? Basically I just started there, and come straight here for the skinny on it all. Thanks again.

12. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Got_Glocks your welcome and if you have any more questions fell free to ask and someone here will get you an answer and best of all it's free ;f

Sniper