close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF application

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shooterx10, Aug 19, 2003.

1. shooterx10

shooterx10

While I was looking at the GSSF application form, I couldn't help but notice that it asks for my social security number. I don't want to give that out unless it's for credit purposes. Can I leave that blank?

Also, I'm not a current member of GSSF, so my total membership and match fee is $50, correct?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

shooter;
    Your social security number is required because Glock is required to report to the IRS any individual winnings of $600 or more for the year. If you don't include it and you have winnings comming from GSSF they will hold it up until you provide it. Its not GSSF rules its IRS rules.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Joinig ($25.00) and pre-registration ($25.00) is $50.00.

Joining at a match, no pre-registration is $25.00 plus $35.00.

As Don pointed out rather clearly, your social security number is required to receive any one of the awards available at a GSSF match. A 1099-Misc will not be issued unless your winnngs exceed $600.00 in a calendar year.

4. shooterx10

shooterx10

Oh ok. I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if they do this at other matches where firearms are part of the prize table.

If in fact I do win something, can I supply my SSN then, or do I have to give it to the GSSF now in order for my application to be processed?

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You can give it when you win a prize, but it slows down prize distribution to all contestants until you are contacted. If you only win $25.00 at a given match, you still need to provide it. You can always refuse to give it and decline your award.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Come on shooter, don't be so parinoid. The GSSF folks are great people, they are not part of the "Communist Establishment". They wont abuse your info any more than they have the same info from 1000's of us. We're family come join us.

What matches are you planning on attending this season? We will be at Statesviile and Conyers next month, hope to see you and say Hi.;c ;c ;c

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Like Danny and Don said the folks at GSSF and like family and will do every thing to protect your information. This is my second season and to my amazement was asked to shoot with one of the best groups Team Sidearmor. I have made many many new friends at the matches with like thinking folks.

Please come out and shoot at a match and I a-sure you, you will be hooked. These are all good folks and we all think alike if you know what I mean.

Pharaoh