close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF 2003 Schedule?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by G-perfection, Jan 14, 2003.

1. G-perfection

G-perfection

I'm very interested in attending a GSSF match. I live in Arizona.
    If anyone can provide a 2003 schedule, It would be highly appreciated. Also, is it true that there are Glock armorers at these
    GSSF matches that will inspect your Glock and replace parts for free?
    That's only what I've heard. Thanks for any info. :cool:

----------------------
    G19
    Ruger P97(.45ACP)
    Colt AR-15 Sporter

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

G-Perfection,

Welcome to GlockTalk, and to the GSSF Forum, a forum where all your questions will be answered in a polite and civil manner.

The 2003 Schedule is not yet confirmed. The Mesa, AZ match is normally held in April, and I expect no change this year. Several GlockTalkers will be at the Mesa match, including Mr. Bobby Carver (Carver Mounts). Details, map and schedule available at www.gssfonline.com

You heard correctly about free armorer service and free factory replacement parts if needed. Glock has been providing this free service for eleven years. Even if your Glock needs no work, it's nice to talk with a factory armorer face-to-face.

The GSSF matches are designed to be fun for all skill levels, from first time novice to the best in the land. Don't be shy. Come out and have a good time.

3. G-perfection

G-perfection

DannyR,
    Thanks for the welcome and the great info. This is probably the best forum I've ever ben involved with. That is awesome about Glock armorers replacing parts for free, what an invaluable service huh?
    I'm also glad to hear that it's not until April..Gives me some time to practice with my new toy!! ;)

Oh yeah, a couple more quick questions if you don't mind; I just replaced my stock polymer captured guiderod assy with a captured stainless one w/18# stock spring, Ben at Glockmeister recommended this, as the stock one was worn and not fully locking the slide forward. Can I use this at GSSF matches? I'd consider it a stock upgrade, and not a custom modification, am I correct on this or way off? Also, what does GSSF consider to be custom? I'm considering a 3.5# trigger for my next upgrade. Thanks again bud. :cool:

----------------
    G19
    Ruger P97
    Colt AR-15 Sporter

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Stock classes require stock parts. You can use parts from another Glock, i.e. the extended slide stop and extended mag release, but aftermarket parts, even guiderods are not allowed except in Master/Unlimited, not the best place to start your GSSF shooting! :) Use your aftermarket guiderod until the match then put in your old rod and the armorer will replace it, then shoot.

5. G-perfection

G-perfection

Fireglock,
    You're right, I'd be downright embarrassed to try to compete in a Master/Unlimited class! Maybe in a year or more if I'm lucky. ;)

I meant to ask how much it costs to enter the GSSF matches? Do I have to join a GSSF club and pay annual fees, or can I check it out to see if I will like it first? Thanks for the info, I'll get my stock guiderod replaced and use it during the match. ;I

----------------
    G19
    Ruger P97
    Colt AR-15 Sporter

6. maxxx93

maxxx93

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

G, the yearly membership is 20.00. Matches are 35.00 for your first catagory shot, 25.00 for each additional catagory. If you preregister at least one week before the match and it's only 25.00 for your first catagory. Check out the web site www.gssfonline.com and look through the Glock Report, you can find most anything you're looking for there. IF you can't find something, post here and we'll help you any way we can. :)

8. DannyR

You may also join at the match. Ear and eye protection are required, regardless of your status. You are also required to sign a release even if you don't shoot.

9. G-perfection

G-perfection

DannyR, Fireglock, maxxx93:

Thanks for all the info guys, you're all very helpful and informative,
    In the meantime, I need to get up to speed with my shooting skills!
    I seem to be shooting slightly low/left. I've read the excellent threads in www.GlockFAQ.com about trigger techniques 101. I'll have to read it about 50 more times before I try the techniques listed.
    If you know of other sources on skilled shooting for competition please let me know, I'm serious about improving my skills. I'd like to compete and maybe even place at the GSSF in April this year. Am I aiming too high? Is the G19 GSSF proven?
    ;I

----------------------------
    G19
    Ruger P97
    Colt AR-15 Sporter

10. DannyR

The G19 is GSSF proven. I've shot it in "A" class for the last two years. Check out "Tips fron the Pros," a sticky at the top of this forum.

11. G-perfection

G-perfection

DannyR,
    Kewl beans man!! Glad to hear that, I was wondering if the shorter barreled G19 was kind of a handicap compared to the G17 that everyone raves about for GSSF. Wow, "A" class huh? You must be Dam* good!!!

12. DannyR

Not that good. I shoot in the 120's, but am looking to break 100 this season. "A" Class usually represents top 40 or 50 shooters in Amateur/Civilian. The very best Am/Civ shooters are capable of scores in the 60's. Masters in Stockmeister often shoot high 40's/low 50's. It's important to know your competition. Check out last year's Mesa, AZ scores on www.gssfonline.com

There have been shooters in GSSF that have shot a G26 better than folks shooting G17's. It's not the pistol, it's the shooter. There are only 6 shots at 25 yards. Make Them Count!

I have always shot my G19 better in competition than my G17. The sight radius of the G19 better suits my aging eyes. I also shoot my G30 better than I do my G21.

13. THE VOID

THE VOID

G-Perfection, Welcome aboard. Fair warning! If you show up at a GSSF match you will be hooked. That 19 is a nice gun. It is just about right for anything. Don't miss the match. Go to Walmart and start buying the Winchester 9mm 115gr in the white box of 100. About the best $11.00 you can spend there. Start picking up one everytime you go. Since the targets at GSSF are "tombstone" shaped cardboard, cut out a small one about 8" tall. Tape to the wall, sit across from it a dry fire whenever you have time. Squeeze the trigger without moving the sights. Keep it simple, but practice. You are going to like it here.

You will soon be making weekend "family" trips to GSSF matches.

Dayton

14. G-perfection

G-perfection

THE VOID:

Hey thanks for the nice welcome! I have a feeling you're right that
    I'll be hooked, I'm already getting excited about attending my first
    GSSF match in April! Actually I've been buying the 100rd "value pack" at Wal-mart for a while now. I think I'm up 800-900rds currently. I'm gonna need to install more cabinets soon for ammo storage!! How many rounds do most shooters go thru at the matches? Do they allow any "warm-up" shooting there? Thanks again. be safe.

-------------------------
    G19
    Ruger P97
    Colt AR-15 Sporter

15. DannyR

It takes a maximum of 107 rounds per entry. Minimum round count is 84. You are allowed up to 4 entries per match in Mesa. It is safe to have 150 rounds per entry, just in case you need a re-shoot for a mechanical problem.