close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF 17's - two batches?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 9mmMike, Nov 27, 2002.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Forgive me if this has been discussed....

The photo on the GSSF page of the commemorative 17 shows only one frame pin.
    Is that because the first 500 were made prior to this factory modification or is the picture just wrong? Mine, which is from what I think is the second batch, 950's, has two pins.
    No big deal. Just curious.
    Mike

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The first 500 were the 2 pin frame. The second batch were 3 pin frames. The picture is correct, it was a production change that fell between the two batches.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

9mmMike
    Your Picture is correct however your knowledge is NOT. Looking at your picture the pin directly above the trigger is called the "Trigger Pin", if you look to the rear of the backstrap directly behind the "mag release" there is another pin called " Trigger Mechanism Housing Pin"; hence the 2 pin concept that is referred to. If you look at the latest 9mm or any 40/45's you will see a 3rd pin directly above the "trigger pin" and it is called the "locking block pin" hence the 3 pin concept. This is directly out of the Glock Armorer's Manual.

Hope this clarifies your problem believing what knowledgeable people are trying to tell you. If you are still in doubt then call Glock directly and see what they say.